• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas for 1.5 - Post your own

Come all to give ideas for 1.5.

Firtsly topic - crack arrows
    ===================

1) AI should not hit you when cracked

2) You should be able to duck under crack arrows when they are fired at a door frame. For example - if you walk underneath the vapour then you do no get cracked. ATM this is not the case, you still (strangely) get cracked. Reduce the area of getting cracked to the actual green vapour itself. This will be both benfittial to thieves trying to get out of a room and guards trying to get in (if the arrow is shot high enough into the frame) as it allows thieves and guards to duck under it, which currently (and strangely) is not possible at this time.

AI
    ==
    AI's hearing seems a bit rediculous or maybe it is there accuracy? Whon knows - but anyway, if you run around a corner out of sight they automatically can hear where you ran to, the exact spot. Also their tagging and paralysing accuracy abilities seem rediculously good I'm not sure really, just do something to tweak this, and also, maybe make them much more of a threat than normal when shot at, so DMers find their task slightly harder than normal. Although there is the KO dm option so I don't know if that will address the balance really :-/

Firearrow Friendly Fire
    ================
    hehehe. Anyway, I feel that friendly fire should be taken from fire arrows so that a guard cannot shoot it and then get all of their teamates to run into the fire and get them all to scout for the thief and set the thief on fire, causing the thief to take damage from being on fire, when the guards aren't damaged by the fire because they didn't shoot the arrow. I feel this needs to be addressed really. I do feel that more extreme things should be done about fire bolts, (like their exclusion from the game ) but I feel this is a change that is beneficial yet not too drastic, and more importantly, fair.

That's all for now - feel free to add suggestions
    These days I find that I can't be bothered,
    To argue with them - well what's the point?
    Better to take you shots and drop down dead.

I dont want to piss on your chips here CE, but I dont like some of these ideas.

1. Crack arrows are fine on AI, human players hit you when cracked... why cant the AI? Same for flashes.

2. Ducking under crack-smoke. Mmmm, its a good idea in theory, but where back at the old "Gameplay >> Realism" thing again, yeah, its more realistic that you can duck under smoke, but I think it would take the point out of a crack arrow.

3. AI hearing and aimbot. Rinse, wash, repeat. I think this will probably get changed its been covered so many times. I agree here.

4. Fire arrow FF. No way man, I forsee lots of lameness and banning for people using firebolts to hurt teamates, or using a firebolt near a near-death guard and him/her dying and saying "omfg n00b you killed me" then the other guy "STFU I GOT A KILLLL DIDNT I?!" and crap like that, its not like you can say "pardon me, do you have more that 6 blood? I want to use this firebolt on the next thief, good sir". Friendly fire would cause to many problems.

Anyway since you said to add suggestions

1. Limit firebolts 2 or 3 per guard.

2. A new idea. An extra bonus for the thief team if they manage to completely loot the map dry. Nostalgia for example is fairly easy to completely loot, esp. when you've got the objective and all the guards are faffing around outside.

3. There is no spoon.
    -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
    - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
    - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
    -YT

Comment

Originally posted by FixXxeR
      3. There is no spoon.
      I like this one, it should be implemented.

Here is my recent suggestion:

http://www.thieveryut.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=3759
      <-- Resident Nightblade suggestion attorney...

Comment

3. There is no spoon.
        I thought there was a wooden one?
        Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
        Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

2. Ducking under crack-smoke. Mmmm, its a good idea in theory, but where back at the old "Gameplay >> Realism" thing again, yeah, its more realistic that you can duck under smoke, but I think it would take the point out of a crack arrow.

4. Fire arrow FF. No way man, I forsee lots of lameness and banning for people using firebolts to hurt teamates, or using a firebolt near a near-death guard and him/her dying and saying "omfg n00b you killed me" then the other guy "STFU I GOT A KILLLL DIDNT I?!" and crap like that, its not like you can say "pardon me, do you have more that 6 blood? I want to use this firebolt on the next thief, good sir". Friendly fire would cause to many problems.
          ahh, but if you could, it would make doorblocking escapeable where otherwise it would not be so. That is my main reason for this

I see what you are saying here. Flame damage isn't that extreme, however it would do enough to deter i feel. It could kill, you're right, but in the end it would prbably deter the use. However like you say, quite a few would probably get pissed off in the process.

Limit on fire arrows - sounds like a good idea.

Also, fire arrow blast radius should be greatly turned down. ATM it is retardedly big, and this is one of the main problems :-/

Comment

Originally posted by Thebos
            3. There is no spoon.
            I thought there was a wooden one?
            There is

Comment

To be honest I dont think that this much needs changing. I say fix the bugs for 1.5 and leave it be! :|
              -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
              - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
              - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
              -YT

Comment

Thieves:

Plague arrow:

The plague arrow is an arrow that creates a swarm of flies wherever it strikes. Guards that touch this swarm or get close will get the plague. The swarm of flies will dissipate after 20 seconds.

Plague makes people and AI move slower (20%), plus they hit with less damage(-10 damage for all melee and regular bolt attacks), on top of that, plagued AI suffer from 25% less accuracy. Plague sticks with a player for 3 minutes, or until he dies. A health pot cures the plague immediately (but you can be reinfected if you don't make sure the others are cured too).

You can recognise a plagued player by the flies that follow him. If another player get's too close to this guard, he too will recieve the plague (think Dungeon Keeper). Thieves and bodies/corpses can get the plague too, so stay away from infested guards and bodies!).

Spy orbs:
                - Ability to see chat while viewing through spy orbs.
                - Telescope allows players to view through all placed spy orbs (never mind who placed them). Only thieves can buy a telescope.
                - Placed spy orbs are placed on the map as little eye icons.

Decoy Arrows:
                - Change picture from a fake-walking thief to a crouched thief holding a bow.
                - Bow drawing noise is played at 100% volume.

Water Arrows:
                - When you hit a guard with a water arrow, he will lose all his flares.
                - If you hit a flare on the ground, it will dissapear (even if it isn't lighted).
                - Starting amount is 3 instead of 4.

Guards:

General:
                - Add icons on the map for placed mines and whistlers. Create smaller icons for guards and make it easier to see which way they're facing on the map.
                - Disable the ability to smash chests and whistlers by friendly fire, except for the firebolt.

Whistler:
                - Whenever a thief comes close to a whistler and makes it go off, the guards will recieve a white message saying: A thief has been detected!. The whistler will blink on the mapscreen.
                - Whistler detecting range is 150% at the front and only 50% at the back. So people have to pay attention how they place them.

Firebolts:
                - Maximum purchase limit of 3.
                - Firebolts remove moss completely

Tag bolts:
                - Cost: 50
                - When removed from a surface, they go into your inv. as a tag bolt again.
                - Tagged Thieves are shown on the map for guards.

Caltrops:
                - The ability to pick them up one by one and move them around like other objects.

Repair tool:
                - Can 'repair' lockpicked mines
                - Is dropped on death/KO

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
                  Nice idea, that would make decoy a fair bit more practical.
                  Nightwarden,
                  .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
                  - "Earth dons the red; calls the maggots."

Comment

(snipped)...
                    2. A new idea. An extra bonus for the thief team if they manage to completely loot the map dry. Nostalgia for example is fairly easy to completely loot, esp. when you've got the objective and all the guards are faffing around outside.
                    ...(snipped)
                    Now I like this idea, especially since I usually end up trying to taff the whole map (unless there are no lives left or my health is &lt;50%) A point bonus of +(loot of map/2)/(number of thieves), and each thief gets that many points maybe? Or perhaps a material bonus, like an upgraded bow and some special arrows or something Cool idea

Comment

Plague arrow:
                      This seems interesting, but shouldn't it be a mutator? It would change the gameplay very much, hence it should be optional.
                      - Ability to see chat while viewing through spy orbs.
                      - Telescope allows players to view through all placed spy orbs (never mind who placed them). Only thieves can buy a telescope.
                      - Placed spy orbs are placed on the map as little eye icons.
                      I like this, since these are quite useless now.
                      Decoy Arrows:

Water Arrows:
                      - If you hit a flare on the ground, it will dissapear (even if it isn't lighted).
                      This seems too powerful, since flares are quite essential for guards to survive, and all thieves start with water arrows = flares would become totally useless.
                      General:
                      - Add icons on the map for placed mines and whistlers. Create smaller icons for guards and make it easier to see which way they're facing on the map.
                      Would all of this fit on the maps? Some maps are very cramped and have multiple layers (Aquatone).
                      Tag bolts:
                      - Cost: 50
                      - When removed from a surface, they go into your inv. as a tag bolt again.
                      - Tagged Thieves are shown on the map for guards.
                      Cool! Re-usable tag bolts! Good idea.
                      My cats are black! How about yours?

Comment

Originally posted by Bucchus
                        Water Arrows:
                        This seems too powerful, since flares are quite essential for guards to survive, and all thieves start with water arrows = flares would become totally useless.
                        If this idea were used like that; yes, guards would be at a major disadvantage.. perhaps the idea could be used if the effect wasn't as big... like maybe 1 water arrow will take out one flare... but that's just my two cents

Comment

To be honest I dont think that this much needs changing. I say fix the bugs for 1.5 and leave it be! :|
                          I disagree. I want those damn blank books all over Theatre and Flats, just to name a few, to have stuff actually written in them!
                          TCO – Retired
                          Former TCO Head of Intelligence – Retired

Comment

heh, that decoy arrow idea was mine long time ago.
                            -hmmm, what's wrong with starting with 4 water arrows?
                            -getting hit with a water arrow, removes flares would be a good counter to flare scanners but an advantage to DMers in the dark as well
                            -plague arrow, cool!! lets get magic missiles as well
                            This is my cool sig.

Comment

I'd like to see teammates health on the F1 screen.
                              Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Working...
                              X