Some stuff to do with Arrows.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some stuff to do with Arrows.

This is more or less a "Wouldn't it be cool if..." post. I realize this stuff would probably take more time to code than the devs are willing to do right now, but...wouldn't it be cool if:

When you shot into a door and it stuck out the other side, a guard/thief would take damage from it.

When you shot a guard/thief, and he was next to wood, it would pin him against the wall for a short period of time.

Well, the second one may be a bit of a stretch..but I really think the first one would be great.

You see that thief run through a door and close it...shoot...it hits the door! Oh no! But you hear him go "owa!" just the same because your bolt stuck out the other side and still nicked him.

Or, there you are, a thief on Gerome, and you're sure theres a guard waiting JUST inside that window. You decide to back him off a bit, and start peppering the window with arrows.
    Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
    www.usyetzer.com

Originally posted by Garlisk
    When you shot a guard/thief, and he was next to wood, it would pin him against the wall for a short period of time.
    t'would make deathmatching childsplay
    -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
    - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
    - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
    -YT

Comment

Seems like someone played Painkiller too much :grin:
      My leet Thievery Map
      My leet UT3 Map
      My leet AS Map

Comment

I think if you the targeted player is close enough to the the object that gets shot through, they will take damage as things are now. My recollection is I have been the victim of such hits.
        Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
        Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

Sounds like a good thing to get together and test

On another note, I do know it works for melee weapons through vent-covers. If that thief is taunting you through that locked vent in Aquatone\Asylum, go up and smack him one!

Comment

Originally posted by Schleicher
            Seems like someone played Painkiller too much :grin:

Actually, I'm not even sure what gam that is.

Is that the one where there is supposed to be all those lean around corner things and the basis of the game is using cover?
            www.usyetzer.com

Comment

No way, Painkiller rocks! Its like a modern Doom/ Blood kinda game.

The one your thinking of is called 'killswitch' or something
              -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
              - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
              - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
              -YT

Comment

Oh...yeah...killswitch.

Ok...I never played Doom or Blood. Well, I played doom once on my cousins laptop when I was like 8...

Maybe I'll check the demo.

But back to getting hit through doors...I think I tried this with Rodent sever times and it doesn't work.
                www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Originally posted by Garlisk
                  Actually, I'm not even sure what gam that is.

Is that the one where there is supposed to be all those lean around corner things and the basis of the game is using cover?
                  One of the weapons is a so called "stake-gun" which shoots big fat stakes (duh) that can nail enemies to walls, so i thought.....eh just a coincidence then, eh
                  My leet Thievery Map
                  My leet UT3 Map
                  My leet AS Map

Comment

Also, wouldn't it be neat if SOME arrows that hit wood or metal survived? I mean, go shoot some arrows at a target on cement. If you miss the target, the arrows aren't gonna be ruined.

They'd have to drop flat though, not stick into the material like wood. So, if you shot an arrow straight up into a stone ceiling, it would hit, and drop back down and lay there.
                    www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Originally posted by Salsa
                      Sounds like a good thing to get together and test

On another note, I do know it works for melee weapons through vent-covers. If that thief is taunting you through that locked vent in Aquatone\Asylum, go up and smack him one!
                      Just shoot an arrow through the vent.
                      "He said he didn't trust me, so I killed him."--Hidden_Wolfe

Comment

I've never had that work before; just melee weapons. If you'd like to prove me wrong, my AIM is always open.

Comment

Sure! :grin: But, I was going with "Wouldn't it be great if--you could hit or shoot through vents?" stuff. It would be cool if you could shoot between the grating though.
                          "He said he didn't trust me, so I killed him."--Hidden_Wolfe

Comment

Return of the allmighty wallhack.

Sort of.

Comment

Or shooting someone on that's directly on the other side of a wooden door. You see them clip through, after all.

Comment

Working...
                              X