Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thief Spawn; & 5 Button mice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Thief Spawn; & 5 Button mice

    Somebody please explain why we don't spawn thieves randomly. I understand that thieves need to spawn outside of the main estates since they are supposed to be breaking in... but why the same spot all the time? In DE.. the whole place is surrounded by water.... and an outside area.. so why not spawn some thieves in the usual spot, and one by the exit, and one on the side (maybe in the water if necessary). This would shut everyone up about spawn raping, and could be done for all levels.. So far Theatre is the only one that spawns pretty far apart at times. I think Gerome is the worst spawn job.. all theives spawn in the same dark area in the front.

    Also.. Can you support 5 button mice? those extra buttons would come in handy!

  • #2
    Thief spawns are placed by the mapper. They can't be changed without editing the map.

    Also... I have an 8 button mouse. It works very nicely.

    Comment


    • #3
      8 buttons?! I'd call it an alligator ratehr than a mouse...

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Mr.K.
        8 buttons?! I'd call it an alligator ratehr than a mouse...

        Comment


        • #5
          I adore that mouse.
          Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by LaughingRat
            Thief spawns are placed by the mapper. They can't be changed without editing the map.

            Also... I have an 8 button mouse. It works very nicely.
            I know they are placed by the mapper.. and the maps came with TUT so thats what im saying..re-do the maps.. update them to 1.3 with new spawn points... half of the maps are being redone anyway. add this too.


            8 button mouse? but you can't use more than 3 buttons in the game.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by KewlAzMe
              8 button mouse? but you can't use more than 3 buttons in the game.
              There are drivers that change that, and for the brave, keymap and registry editing also works.
              Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by KewlAzMe
                I know they are placed by the mapper.. and the maps came with TUT so thats what im saying..re-do the maps.. update them to 1.3 with new spawn points... half of the maps are being redone anyway. add this too.
                They can be changed, but they can't be RANDOMIZED. But you're right, some could be better placed.

                Originally posted by KewlAzMe
                8 button mouse? but you can't use more than 3 buttons in the game.
                OK, if you say so. Tell that to the F1 screen, 1st/3rd person toggle, block bind, and screenshot keys I have set, though.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Well why dont you share your knowledge ?!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by LaughingRat
                    I looove that mouse, got excactly that one.
                    Just hate it when I forget to set it back in the dockin-station, and the batteries go flat. Usually during some games. Damn.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I'm trying to make it a habit to put mine into the dock when I go to bed every night.
                      Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by KewlAzMe
                        Well why dont you share your knowledge ?!
                        There's software that allows you to program the buttons.

                        Originally posted by DarkBill
                        I'm trying to make it a habit to put mine into the dock when I go to bed every night.
                        I find that mine will take two pretty intense days of use before the batteries go dead. I try to remember to cradle it every night, but I've gone an entire week without.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by LaughingRat
                          *drools*

                          omg !

                          :cry:

                          mummy ! I want a mouse like that one !

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Stakhanov
                            [

                            *drools*

                            omg !

                            :cry:

                            mummy ! I want a mouse like that one !
                            That's the Logitech MX700. Goes for about $80 US. For people on a "budget", or without retail connections, they make a corded version, the MX500, which goes for about $50 US. Amazingly comfortable mice.

                            Check at Logitech's website for more info on both.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I know there is software to program the buttons.. i can use all 5 mouse buttons in windows.. but in thieveryut.ini there is:

                              LeftMouseButton
                              MiddleMouseButton
                              RightMouseButton

                              But there is no:

                              LowerLeftMouseButton
                              LowerRightMouseButton

                              etc..
                              so how do i make my 5 button mouse work with thievery?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X