Gas Masks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Masks

A Device that can be purchased by thieves or guards in order to be able to travel through crack clouds without being affected. The simple solution to lame doorblocking, or crack spamming.

It should probably cost somewhere around 100-120 loot and might not even be necessary for the player to use it. If a guard blocks a thief into a room, they must make the kill with skill and efficiency, not lameness.

As well, the Gas mask is expensive so it will limit the amount of additional supplies one can buy. If it is not too late, I would like to see if it could possibly be implemented in tut 1.5.

These have been brought up before, but I stress/favor adding limits to Firebolt to one or two. Perhaps make the blackjack an optional purchase for 50-100 loot, but also adding 50-100 to the starting banked loot for thieves. That way a thief who chooses to ghost will be rewarded with maybe an extra flashbomb or health potion.

Thank you.

I like the ideas only not the gas mask because crack arrows are ment to slow or even disable guards and mostly crack arrows are used as last resort for thieves if they want to escape, and when guards are able to buy gas masks they'll have a great advantage.

Comment

Yeah, you're right, Maybe make it a thief only item! that way they can still solve doorblocks while being at a disadvantage in terms of other supplies.

Comment

And it could be the perfect tool for cracking the shit outta some place and waltzing in and out without effort. Or using them in close combat without having to care about cracking yourself. That would transform any TUT-Map into a second Verdun. Not a good idea imho ^^
        My leet Thievery Map
        My leet UT3 Map
        My leet AS Map

Comment

Originally posted by Schleicher
          That would transform any TUT-Map into a second Verdun. Not a good idea imho ^^
          ROFL!

Comment

I liked the Idea of optional BJs, however then I remembered that I need one to destroy whistlers
            These days I find that I can't be bothered,
            To argue with them - well what's the point?
            Better to take you shots and drop down dead.

Comment

I like the optional BJ's...

But not the crack thing. Crack is a thief's tool that CANNOT be tampered with without drastically changing the ballance of the game.
              Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
              www.usyetzer.com

Comment

If guards get a way to get past crack, then thieves need a way to get past door blocking guards. Maybe make guards insubstatial when standing in a doorway.
                Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

No way! I don't like the sound of that at all. Leave it alone, Fritz...LEAVE IT ALONE!
                  www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Of course I wasn't serious.

Comment

Mabye a "ghost potion" that allows thieves to walk through other players?
                      <-- Resident Nightblade suggestion attorney...

Comment

Hmm, thats something that could be worked with maybe...through doors and players...lasting for like 3 seconds.
                        www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Only if it didn't work on traps.

It would unbalance Breakout big time, though.

Comment

I think these ideas are all pretty unbalanced. ops:

Comment

Originally posted by Firetiger
                              Mabye a "ghost potion" that allows thieves to walk through other players?
                              I like that idea it would have to cost a lot though.
                              These days I find that I can't be bothered,
                              To argue with them - well what's the point?
                              Better to take you shots and drop down dead.

Comment

Working...
                              X