Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breathing Potions to counter Being Cracked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breathing Potions to counter Being Cracked?

The Breathing potions, although fitting, are almost never used in any practical situations. In fact except for the few maps that have them laying around (for some reason), I dont think anyone has bought one of these on purpose, as its just cheaper to buy cheese or HP which would serve 2 uses to some minor health loss. But since Crack affects the body by being smoked or inhaled, as is the case in thievery when walking through the crack cloud. perhaps the breathing potion could be like an anedote to the crack effect. It would be like a straight blast of pure air to get their head straight, similar to pure oxygen when drunk or tired.This would allow guards/thieves to quickly shake the crack itch and get back to business, and make the potion more useful.

I think there should still be maybe a 3-4 sec delay from the point of consumption till it wears off so that the crack arrow isnt rendered completely useless by those with a breathe potion bind. This will allow thieves some chance of escape, but also allow prepared guards to get a back in the chase quicker.

That works!

A more possible reversal to my idea thanks

Comment

I still think you'll change the balance to much with these counter-crack ideas.

Comment

Well, not a bad idea.

Maybe raise the price a bit though. Something like that should be 50 or so.
        Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
        www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Originally posted by Skull
          I still think you'll change the balance to much with these counter-crack ideas.
          Well I think the crack is the only thing left without a proper counter, aside from not walking through it.

Firebolts get water arrowed
          Tags get jumped into rivers
          paralyze gets some sort of weird quickness
          cals get mossed
          mines get picked
          but the crack is really over powering once hit.

But I also agree that the price would need raise if implemented. 50 sounds good.

Comment

Originally posted by Garlisk
            Well, not a bad idea.

Maybe raise the price a bit though. Something like that should be 50 or so.
            They are 50 atm. No one in their right mind would by them atm
            These days I find that I can't be bothered,
            To argue with them - well what's the point?
            Better to take you shots and drop down dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Erased
              They are 50 atm. No one in their right mind would by them atm
              Go read the CoD vs TuF match report thread. I had a ton of crack arrrows and the guards really couldnt do much while on crack. Ask Mach how much crack I spread on that level.
              The idea of a potion is good but I like the mask better because im fond of a guard only counter against crack arrows. Unless thieves cant drink this potion either then im all for it.
              Feel the power of the

Comment

Originally posted by Antero90
                The idea of a potion is good but I like the mask better because im fond of a guard only counter against crack arrows. Unless thieves cant drink this potion either then im all for it.
                LOL Im sure we could make the potion non-thiefable for you , but even if the thieves CAN use it, it would first have to be purchased or gotten somehow, thats half the battle.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannu
                  LOL Im sure we could make the potion non-thiefable for you , but even if the thieves CAN use it, it would first have to be purchased or gotten somehow, thats half the battle.
                  Yeah I know. Im the only one who cares about "dha lame guards".
                  Anyway you may have a point there. Thieves would have to get it first and if I recall correctly one of the major rules of RLF was "Dont buy any potions because you can get them for free from a dead thief".
                  This is also apliable the other way around
                  Feel the power of the

Comment

I think there should still be maybe a 3-4 sec delay from the point of consumption
                    How about giving it a flat 2 second delay? B/C in TUT you can practically get away with those 2 seconds or make a quick strategy to deal with the guard. You don't wanna make it too easy or else everyone who plays + their mom would buy these before the match.
                    "He said he didn't trust me, so I killed him."--Hidden_Wolfe

Comment

But since Crack affects the body by being smoked or inhaled, as is the case in thievery when walking through the crack cloud. perhaps the breathing potion could be like an anedote to the crack effect. It would be like a straight blast of pure air to get their head straight, similar to pure oxygen when drunk or tired.This would allow guards/thieves to quickly shake the crack itch and get back to business, and make the potion more useful.
                      Good idea. Got my vote. But the last version should be very cautious about adding stuff like this.

How much freedom do mutators have? Could a mutator be developed that achieves this? That would be a much safer way of implimenting this -- if it's too overpowered, simply don't use the mutator.
                      "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

I think that Thievery 1.5 should ship with several of the more questionable suggestions as mutators.
                        Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Working...
                        X