One Master Server Instead of Six

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Master Server Instead of Six

Instead of the master server displaying Favorites, Thievery, Thievery Populated, Lan Servers, Thievery Co-Op, and Thiefmatch, why not condense them down to two? All we need is Favorites and Thievery. When you click on the Thievery tab you see all the lan servers, all the co-op servers, and all Thiefmatch servers. Why do we need this? Because I never use the other tabs. Plus my Thiefmatch server would show up on the master server with all of the other servers, that way, you don't have to click the thiefmatch tab to see if there is a server up, or if anybody is playing on that server. Granted, you could just go to the populated tab, but condensing all 6 tabs down to 2 would make it easier. Plus, the co-op and thiefmatch servers would get played on more, because they're visible all on one screen. Just a suggestion, maybe it will help?

-Anarchtica-

IMO in theory yes but in reality no.
    Check the "Today on TCO Server" thread, some ppl just dont read the description and just join a server. Also note that some servers dont have a specif description.
    IMO I would leave it as it is, after all its diferent gametypes.

Another thing. Dont use the word "Master Server" as for as I know there has always been one master server (hosted by gamespy) you are making a sugesting to the "Server Browser" although the master server sometimes goes down when I most need it.
    Feel the power of the

Comment

I do read the description, I was just curious read my post
      These days I find that I can't be bothered,
      To argue with them - well what's the point?
      Better to take you shots and drop down dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Erased
        I do read the description, I was just curious read my post
        CE, plz dont hidjack threads just to post an OT coment.
        At least you could have said that you agreeded with Anarchtica
        Feel the power of the

Comment

yeah, I couldn't figure out what to call it. Master browser would have been better.

Comment

I'd have called them Gametype Tabs.

Sure, compressing them would be great....then people would see Thiefmatch and Coop servers more and actually go on them.

However, at the same time, like someone said earlier, many people just click on a server and join when they see people and may not like thinking they're going into TvG and ending up in a TM.

I say leave it alone...Fritz...

Or make the populated servers tab actually show all the populated servers. (As I understand it, it only shows TvG. Please correct me if I'm wrong.)
            Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
            www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Yea I always wondered that too, I assumed Thievery Populated would only show servers with people in them, but it shows the same servers as just "Thievery". Maybe make Thievery populated into "Thievery All" so that you can break them up separately in the Thievery, Thiefmatch, and Coop, but see them all in "Thievery All".

Comment

Originally posted by Hannu
                Yea I always wondered that too, I assumed Thievery Populated would only show servers with people in them, but it shows the same servers as just "Thievery". Maybe make Thievery populated into "Thievery All" so that you can break them up separately in the Thievery, Thiefmatch, and Coop, but see them all in "Thievery All".
                I would settle for that. All I want is one browser to list all the servers currently up, whether populated or not. That way, the co-op and thiefmatch servers would get played on more often. But do we even have a dedicated co-op server? Never really liked co-op anyways, no human guards, but I digress.

Thiefmatch with human guards would be a thrill. It's everyman for himself style play. Maybe even make the guards koable by other guards so you can steal the loot they've picked up, just one swift cold cock to the back of the head with a sword and bam! It would be hillarious to see guards flashbomb each other, or even have friendly fire turned on. That way when two guards go after a thief, and one kills the thief, there is another guard there to steal the loot from the guard who killed the thief. Exhilerating! Thiefmatch would have to be tweaked to allow this to work, but if the right gamestyle was chosen, it would be a very thrilling game.

Comment

Working...
                X