Crackass Server...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crackass Server...

Were just wondering a little something, a question the the admins of Crackass. Grank, BA or anyone else. Seems like ppl play a little TO often these days, I mean 10/10 on crackass 24/7.. 2 days ago, yesterday and even today I've been waiting like more than 2 hours to play

Can you like maybe change the max limit from 10 to maybe 12 or something? Would be nice! After I've waited 2 hours and I still see 10/10 on the server, it makes me feel to some of the ppl so I can connect and play

Just an idea..
    .: Infiltrator - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

www.youtube.com/user/Richard413

No, Reasons:

- 12 people will be too crowded.
    - 12 will make the server laggy, while it already has problems with lag these days.
    - 12 people will be too crowded.

( my opinion )
    On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Whats really needed is more servers. We had about 4 open non-private ones at a point there and for awhile they where all getting play. Then things died down a little and the extra servers vanished, now people are playing agian and we don't have enough servers
      ZT

Comment

Originally posted by LoUie
        Were just wondering a little something, a question the the admins of Crackass. Grank, BA or anyone else. Seems like ppl play a little TO often these days, I mean 10/10 on crackass 24/7.. 2 days ago, yesterday and even today I've been waiting like more than 2 hours to play

Can you like maybe change the max limit from 10 to maybe 12 or something? Would be nice! After I've waited 2 hours and I still see 10/10 on the server, it makes me feel to some of the ppl so I can connect and play
        First of all, you might get a more postive response by NOT insulting the server with the half-assed name in your thread topic.

Second of all, this belongs in the Thievery Servers forum.

Lastly, no, we can't increase the players to 12, at least not reasonably. The server's OS is Win2K Home Edition, which only supports a maximum of 10 remote connections simultaneously. If/when we upgrade to Win2K Server Edition, we could potentially set the max players to 12. More likely, though, we'd just run another server.

This is also the reason the public server has had to be shut down for CrkZ practices and matches.

ZT's comment about needing more servers is pretty spot-on. Crackaz is about the only public server up any more.

Comment

What about Mog's?
          One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
          -
          The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Chainsaws
            What about Mog's?
            I almost never see it up any more.

Comment

Hm...I'll speak to Omeag about it, I think the master server port is blocked or something.
              -

Comment

Hm...I'll speak to Omeag about it, I think the master server port is blocked or something.
                I have it in ASE as a favorite, which means it's pinged and scanned directly - the master server doesn't enter into it - and it still doesn't show.

Comment

It's not up 24/7. It should be running every day though.
                  -

Comment

It's not up 24/7. It should be running every day though.
                    I don't see it when it's scheduled to be running. I don't see it now.

Comment

I blame Omega

*kicks Phae*
                      -

Comment

I haven't seen mogs running for weeks(it's in my ASE favorites). I check at various times during the day(over 16 hours).
                        Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                          ...this belongs in the Thievery Servers forum.
                          Agree!

Comment

The way I've observed it: If two servers are simultaneously on, for example Crackaz and something else, people will almost always choose Crackaz. The other server/servers get players only when Crackaz is full, and even then people will periodically check if they could fit in Crackaz. So most of the time the other servers are unused.
                            My cats are black! How about yours?

Comment

Meh a shame Brody shut down his Servers. Ya, he did it coz he doesnt want to run them un-admined (durr? eh), while he settles his RL Stuff, but at least *one* could have been left running
                              My leet Thievery Map
                              My leet UT3 Map
                              My leet AS Map

Comment

Working...
                              X