Some loadout suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some loadout suggestions

Couple o' ideas regarding the loadout/inventory system.

Allow map specific loadouts. Perhaps keep the 4 regular loadouts then below those have a few more that are map specific seperated by a dividor.

Be able to alter loadouts in spectator mode. As part of the vote/spectator menu there could also be a loadout edit button that lets you select a team, then edit your loadouts. Also perhaps a tab in the main menu that lets you select a map from a list of maps on your HD and edit the loadout on the main menu so you don't have to waste time in game playing with it.

And last, make the banked loot text do something like flash if you are not in the buy menu and you have not spent all of your banked loot. This would be helpful for those times you forget to buy a loadout or if you clicked the loadout and it didn't buy for one odd reason or another, just as something extra so you would notice that you haven't purchased anything.

There's a setting in ؟ThAux.ini? named ForceBuy. Set it to true and it'll prevent you from playing if you haven't bought a loadout.

Comment

Ignorance strikes again!

forget the last suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.K.
        There's a setting in ؟ThAux.ini? named ForceBuy. Set it to true and it'll prevent you from playing if you haven't bought a loadout.
        Or you could set that in the game, and not worry about editing the INI file. :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by MrEricSir
          Originally posted by Mr.K.
          Or you could set that in the game, and not worry about editing the INI file. :roll:
          So long since i changed any settings... ops:

Comment

I have a question about loadouts, am I susposed to HOLD DOWN the V key when buying my loadout? I find that if I let it go, then the menu goes away. Was it designed this way or is it a bug with my program?

Kiech
            Kiech

Comment

Originally posted by Kiech Bepho
              I have a question about loadouts, am I susposed to HOLD DOWN the V key when buying my loadout? I find that if I let it go, then the menu goes away. Was it designed this way or is it a bug with my program?

Kiech
              Designed that way. Wouldn you want to accidentally hit "V" ingame, and have your menu pop up and STAY THERE?!?

Comment

LOL...I didn't know it could come up during play.

So does that mean I can choose to buy my equipment during the game? (and then I wonder if it can be abused)
                Kiech

Comment

Originally posted by Kiech Bepho
                  LOL...I didn't know it could come up during play.

So does that mean I can choose to buy my equipment during the game? (and then I wonder if it can be abused)
                  The buy menu doesn't come up, so no, you can't buy equipment during play. A menu box does pop up, though, with a couple options, depending on whether you're playing or spectating. Try it some time, under both conditions.

Comment

A loadout per map? That can get kinda crazy. How many per map? Four? I dunno. Maybe just giving us eight slots instead of four would do. Perhaps my suggestions below will aleviate the need for static loadouts per map.

I would like to see a way to name the loadouts in the buy menu.

I would like to be able to right-mouse-click individual items in the store to subtract them from what I may have already bought (if I have that item). That way, I can use a loadout, and then tweak it by replacing a speed potion with lockpicks.

Also, I'd like to be able to buy two or more loadouts and have them combine in my inventory. Currently, if you click loadout 1 and it buys 200 worth of stuff, and you buy loadout 2 which buys 200 worth of stuff, 2 will replace 1; it doesn't add to give you 400 worth of stuff. If you don't have enough money to buy a complete loadout, it should just buy the first items of that loadout until you run out of money. If this were implimented, I might create partial loadouts, and then create an "extras" loadout full of cheese, health (since I never buy any), and telescopes.

These suggestions are easy to impliment, don't add any complication, and are intuitive.
                    "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Either make Map specific loadouts (x4 for each) of give me more loadout slots! :x
                      ~TuF~

Comment

I thought extra loadout slots were already slated for 1.3
                        It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Working...
                        X