New Suggestion: Out-of-game Server Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Suggestion: Out-of-game Server Monitor

As someone who works from home, I would appreciate being able to see if any Thievery servers looked populated enough for an interesting game.

However, UT and Thievery demand so much of a computer's resources that it is impractical to leave them running in the background.

Can the game's creators make a stand-alone application that simply displays the same window-and-subwindows structure that appears when I select "Multiplayer -> Find Internet Games" from the menus within the game?

It would need the functionality of "refresh" and "ping" but not the functionality of joining.

All Seeing Eye

Comment

Looks like this:

Comment

mOdEtWo, is that... an AVATAR?!?

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
          mOdEtWo, is that... an AVATAR?!?
          Yes.
          I had to follow the stream, couldn't resist anymore.

Can you see what it is? The grey lady, a ghost-picture from a castle somewhere in UK.

Comment

Originally posted by mOdEtWo
            Yes.
            I had to follow the stream, couldn't resist anymore.
            OMG!! What's next, Internet Explorer?!?

Originally posted by mOdEtWo
            Can you see what it is? The grey lady, a ghost-picture from a castle somewhere in UK.
            Umm. I can see the grey....

Comment

I must have seen this pic one hundred times in my whole life...

Pretty cool, if you ask me.
              JM

Comment

What is it? Looks like a ghost or something. In that case, where did you get it from?

Comment

ModeTwo may have fallen, but I will not give in! Never!
                  Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.K.
                    What is it? Looks like a ghost or something. In that case, where did you get it from?
                    The picture is taken in the stairway of a famous castle in UK, many many years ago. That's why it's black and white. The servants took pictures of all the stairs in the house (dunno why), and the "grey lady" appeared on one of the pictures. Freaky, eh?

The reason I use that picture, is that I'm a ghoster. Only way you can catch me, is on film. :twisted:
                    So be sure to use blitz next time!

Comment

Originally posted by DarkBill
                      ModeTwo may have fallen, but I will not give in! Never!
                      Good luck. I just couldn't resist anymore.

Keep it up!

Btw, here's a big picture of the grey lady:

Comment

Ha. My pictoral avatar is more frightening. (Although the IAO did remove the logo from their site.)

Thank you, LaughingRat. Unfortunately the software's web site is not very helpful, and I may need to return here with questions about installation. We'll see. (pun intended)

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Noctum
                          Thank you, LaughingRat. Unfortunately the software's web site is not very helpful, and I may need to return here with questions about installation. We'll see. (pun intended)
                          A little tinkering with it and you should have it up in no time. It's really pretty easy to use, and you can keep an eye on servers for any game you have installed.

Comment

You are right. That was fast.

Its installation slipped quietly by my Norton Systemworks monitoring of such things. I would mind, but it's amusing appropriate.

Comment

Really? It slipped past Norton? That's kinda funny, bacause my free firewall caught it at first.

Comment

Working...
                              X