Uncle Mango's Public Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncle Mango's Public Server

I'm starting to run a thievery server. It's on a dynamic IP, so don't bother to add to your favorites.

http://forums.blackcatgames.com/show...2693#post92693
    word.

Is it wise comparing the administration of a game server to the mass genocide of millions of people?

Also, as the server is run under YOUR descretion as you say, then how does it make it any different to Crackaz? you DICTATE who plays there and who doesn't, therefore you are a Dictator for your own server, therefore... your a nazi?! It's your property, you have the right to decide how it's used and I respect that.

I do appreciate your server being up, it's good to see new blood, but hitting out at how a particular guild admins their own property with a comment as hypacritical as that just causes arguments.
    ~TuF~

Comment

Agree with Machine here.

Haqving another server is great. Slamming a group of people who run another server is uncalled for. There is no competition here. Around here, people will play on your server just because it is up. My cheap little server has fille up many times without any announcement of it being public- even after the better servers had appeared (and it gets a few hits when clearly marked private). As for the "nazi" ban list, that came about because several admins worked together to ban people who were repeatedly doing something stupid. Would not consider them perfect, but they do an exceelnt job in my opinion.

Anyway looking forward to checking out your server.
      Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
      Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

I wasn't trying to slam anyone. I'm just saying that if you've been banned on other servers, you can play on mine if you behave yourself. I apologise if I sounded partonizing or insulting to anyone in any way. I do play on crackaz from time to time. I just never liked rules about gameplay like no putting boxes in front of doors, etc.

As this is offending people, I removed the material form the announcement.
        word.

Comment

Originally posted by madmango
          I wasn't trying to slam anyone. I'm just saying that if you've been banned on other servers, you can play on mine if you behave yourself. I apologise if I sounded partonizing or insulting to anyone in any way. I do play on crackaz from time to time. I just never liked rules about gameplay like no putting boxes in front of doors, etc.

As this is offending people, I removed the material form the announcement.
          Thats fine mate, on another note, the bans on Crackaz and the like are never for "little" things like objective stacking, diverse gameplay is encouraged, no one I believe who runs a server would enforce scub rules, these people are banned because they rage and cheat, but it IS your server and it IS your choice entirely.
          ~TuF~

Comment

Sorry I missed the slam. I'd have liked to have read it.

Originally posted by madmango
            I don't know what you'd originally said, or what your impressions of our server adminning are. But we don't have any rules about placing boxes and the likes in front of doors. Our only rules are against cheating, raging, and pretending to be someone else to ruin their reputation.

As far as our banlist goes, the people on it are those who have cheated blatantly and willfully, those who have demonstrated that their only interest in Thievery is in ruining the game for those who want to actually play it, and those who can't control their tempers or attitudes, and by their actions intentional or otherwise, ruin the game for good, respectful players. Occasionally, our bans of these players have affected other players. In those instances, we have bent over backwards trying to accomdate them, and get them back in our server.

Despite your apparently disrespectful attitude towards the admins of the Crackaz server (I have to take that on hearsay, not having had the opportunity to see it myself), you're still quite welcome to play there.

Comment

I apologize for what Mango might have said. He doesn't really get the vibes of the forums, the fact that we actually know each other like a good community. On the other hand, he did get everyone's attention (which seemed to be his goal).

The server will remain up as regularly as possible, i am told.
              "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Working...
              X