Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potion "QUAFF" noise.

Idea:
    • Thieves shouldn't make a noise when they drink a potions.
    • Guards should.
    • There should be an obvious noise when a thief uses an INVISIBILTY potion. But not a "QUAFF" noise, something else, as they go invisible.

Maybe for speed as well.

Reason:
    The noise makes catfalls useless in a lot of situations, and sometimes when you're hiding near guards you need to regain soem health, but you'd give yourself away.

BAD idea. This noise was intended to be this way. If we give thieves this and soundless picks and a pair of sneakers then why don't we make them invisible all along and we can all go home.
    I Need Training!

Comment

it would only be for health (benign), catfall (the point being they make you silent), breathing (who uses them anyway), speed (generally when you use a speed you RUN AWAY, hence giving yourself away anyway, noise doesn't really effect you much).

But there should be a noise when thieves go invisible. An obvious noise at that.

Comment

Something like PUFF ! and some sort of flash or smoke and thief will go invisible (like great magician)

Comment

I totally disagree with this. Potions making noise -- while it makes some situations more challenging -- adds another layer to thieving (and guarding) that I quite like. If you want to simply win without a challenge, play single player against Benny AI.
          Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Originally posted by Yenzarill
            Idea:
            • Thieves shouldn't make a noise when they drink a potions.
            • Guards should.
            • There should be an obvious noise when a thief uses an INVISIBILTY potion. But not a "QUAFF" noise, something else, as they go invisible.

Maybe for speed as well.

Reason:
            The noise makes catfalls useless in a lot of situations, and sometimes when you're hiding near guards you need to regain soem health, but you'd give yourself away.
            I disagree. The guards can hardly be certain a thief is here until they see him. However , there are a few thief specific sounds (like bow pulling) an experienced guard can easily locate. The use of potion combo (invis + catfall) alerts guards and lets them behave accordingly.
            The catfall potion now has a duration of 20+ seconds. Thieves can drink it sooner so that guards can't hear the "gulp" ...
            Guard can only use prediction against the speed+invis+catfall combo. When they hear 3 simultaneous potion sounds they may just firespam the place...

Comment

I don't see anything wrong with the sounds as is. However, maybe the glass bottles should clink around when you're running! :twisted:
              BobTheDog says, "Now you've gone too far!"

Comment

http://ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58867

Comment

Originally posted by BobTheDog
                  I don't see anything wrong with the sounds as is. However, maybe the glass bottles should clink around when you're running! :twisted:
                  Why not the loot when you're at it :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by Stakhanov
                    Ooh, and a jingling for keys!
                    BobTheDog says, "Now you've gone too far!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stakhanov
                      This is what seperate pockets are for. I always invisioned Garretts cloak with a ton of inside pockets. It does get ridiculous though in those lvls where you have to get 2000 or so in loot and each piece of loot you find is worth about 15. Hard to taff with a giant sack of metal objects on your back
                      "They say we cleaned out the royal treasury, and took the kings wedding ring off his finger as he slept!" "That must have taken an entire team of our best sneaks." "I heard it was lieutenant Jarvis." "Impossible!"
                      -Two unknown CTG probies

Comment

Working...
                      X