Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I play Thievery by LAN?

Hi,

I've played Thievery single player and I'm not very good, but its great fun just a lot harder than the original Thief games. I want to practice on LAN against my brother before I take on any of you guys/girls online, because at the moment I would be slaughtered.
    Could someone please tell me (step by step) how to set up a LAN game for Thievery?

Thanks a lot!

Christian

hello there and welcome to thievery.

multiplayer is quiet easy:

just click "start new multiplayer" and thats it. the other pc will find the game at "find multiplayer" on the "lan" tab.

that is a non dedicated server, means u are playing direct in the server urself, and ur brother connects it. should u shut down the game, ur server is shut down.

do u run firewalls? if so the firewall should ask u when u start ur server for ur agreement. u click "yes".
    firewall on brothers pc, too? then click there "yes", too, when it asks.

finally so easy is it.

should u have probs,
    email me at
    [email protected] , i ll make a litte "step by step" vid for u then. no problem.
    A real huge Man will neither stamp on a Worm, nor crawl for an Emperor

Thievery Customs Center
    Vietcong Customs Center

Comment

Yes, I do have a firewall and so does my brother.
      Thanks for your help! I'll give it a go.

Comment

just join up and start playing with us. play as a guard to get to know how things work and get to know the maps...spectate good players to learn secrets and tactics and u'll be caught on soon enough...much faster than practicing on lan. It's not like we're gonna laugh at you for being new....

*open consol* thtaunt 13 [enter] *close consol*
        http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
        -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
        -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
        -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

yeah, true,
          hey join us on internet.
          deepee is right, at the beginning its cool to be guard and follow ur teammates, that helps a lot to get knowledge of important things, stuff and tactics.

new players are always welcome to that lovely game.

cu online
          yours brody
          A real huge Man will neither stamp on a Worm, nor crawl for an Emperor

Thievery Customs Center
          Vietcong Customs Center

Comment

Yes, what DP said. I've noticed that when it comes to playing online (even as a noob), you learn a hell of a lot more than just playing with one friend. And the online games are very noob-friendly, who knows if people might even give you a tutorial-type game lesson?
            My cats are black! How about yours?

Comment

Thanks for the welcome!
              I live in Australia so are there any Thievery players on when Australia is awake? (you know time differences and everything).

Comment

I think there are 3 or 4 other australians playing thievery theses days.

As for a game lesson... nobody seems to want one anymore...
                "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Hello there,
                  Although there are no Australian servers as such, there are lot of Australian Players. I am one of them
                  Gladius, Shug, Rodent, Monolith, Beast, Convict and Iron, just to name a few.
                  .: Daymaster - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

Comment

Me, Shug, Gladius, Rodent, Impulse Reborn, Yenzaril used to play, Monolith (I'm fairly sure), Jester (dunno if Aussie), and probably a few I've forgotten.
                    Night of the Werewolves II
                    HarryPotterwars
                    A Thief's Guide to Thievery for UT (video not complete yet)

Comment

Jester & Fridae aren't aussies. but they don't sleep. So they can be found during the Australian evening on occassion.
                      Immortius' Forge

Comment

Originally posted by Radamanthus
                        I think there are 3 or 4 other australians playing thievery theses days.
                        Where's this man been for the last two months?

We have a LOT of active Aussie players at the moment. You're in the right place, Tintin, because I'm sure that Australia is second only to America in terms of player numbers in Thievery.
                        Nightmaster,
                        .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
                        - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

Hi there!
                          Originally posted by DarkProject
                          It's not like we're gonna laugh at you for being new....

*open consol* thtaunt 13 [enter] *close consol*
                          LMAO
                          AlienMode ThieveryUT adaption
                          Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
                          Life is a bitch, then you get cancer. One story is good till another is told.

Comment

Hey! That's great!
                            What's the best time for you Australian taffers to play Thievery?
                            Mine is probably somewhere between 4pm to 6pm and 7pm to 10pm (or something).

Thanks!

Comment

On holidays you'll find us playing anywhere from early afternoon through till about 4 am .

If you stay up a while past midnight, you'll end up on a full server against a lot of yanks (depending on the day, of course). So we try and do that a bit when we don't have anything to do the next morning.
                              Nightmaster,
                              .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
                              - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

Working...
                              X