X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big fat bug on Crackaz: ForceRespawns got enabled

Who told them about this?

Eurg after it was off all the time, suddenly it gets changed without any announcement. This is the TUT revolution and I don't like it.
    If it stays on I have a wish for 1.5
    An alarm sentence for guards:
    No AI to inhabit ATM!
    Like the "you're the last thief/guard alive" or whatever we already have.
    Last edited by Beowulf; 3 Jul 2004, 06:40 AM.
    AlienMode ThieveryUT adaption
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
    Life is a bitch, then you get cancer. One story is good till another is told.

Originally posted by Beowulf
    Who told them about this?
    Eurg after it was off all the time, suddenly it gets changed without any announcement. This is the TUT revolution and I don't like it.
    If it stays on I have a wish for 1.5
    An alarm sentence for guards:
    No AI to inhabit ATM!
    Like the you're the last thief/guard or whatever we already have.
    It's not a bug. Grank did that deliberately. Please direct all inquiries regarding it to him.

Comment

I know it's not a bug. Okay Grank's the meanie.
      Anyway regarding the topic: CONTRA!
      AlienMode ThieveryUT adaption
      Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
      Life is a bitch, then you get cancer. One story is good till another is told.

Comment

He enabled since he thinks that waiting for ai to wake up and not clicking out is unfair.But IMO Thats damn anyoing that u cant save life for comrades and tell them where u died.So lets all say 'Take damn force respawn off"

Comment

Yeah! Let him have it!!

[chant] Burn the Grank! Burn the Grank! [/chant]

*runs off to get pitchforks and torches*

Comment

Originally posted by Barbazu
            He enabled since he thinks that waiting for ai to wake up and not clicking out is unfair.
            Grank -- the one who decries those opposed to bug exploits and "lame" tactics -- changed a server setting because he thought it was unfair? I'm both outraged and amused.
            Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Yes it's true I've turned this setting on. Here are my reasons.

Pros
              1. Some guards have very little fear of the shadows anymore. If they get ko'd enough times then all they'll have to do is wait for an ai to wake up and the more times they get ko'd the shorter the wait.
              2. Guards don't take care of the AI and let them get ko'd which doesn't bother some because they'll just wait for a life.
              3. After a thief dies he'll THEN let his team mates know where he died and or what kind of traps or how many guards are there. In some rare cases a thief will wait a long time to click out and continue to relay information to their team.

Cons
              1. Sloppy guards bitching because they got used to being sloppy and are now seeing the consequences.
              2. In some rare cases someone won't want to use that last life and won't have the opportunity to leave and come back. I rarely, if ever see anyone do this.

So you sloppy guards out there you better shape up and start fearing the shadows a bit more and taking care of your poor helpless AI or the respawn setting will keep getting ya.

Comment

Originally posted by WildBill
                Grank -- the one who decries those opposed to bug exploits and "lame" tactics -- changed a server setting because he thought it was unfair? I'm both outraged and amused.
                If I could fix things like the bunny hop, various map bugs I would. I admit these are things that were not really supposed to be in the game. With that said they are in the game and I will use them.

Now since I can fix the problems I outlined in my lists above, I have.

Comment

I am undecided, as it has equal pros and cons that I will now list...

Comment

Bunny hop?

Comment

Originally posted by Grank
                      If I could fix things like the bunny hop, various map bugs I would. I admit these are things that were not really supposed to be in the game. With that said they are in the game and I will use them.
                      While it's not as easy as changing a server setting, you could certainly remove those elements from the Crackaz Server if you wanted. Announce that they're now considered cheating, and thus bannable offenses, and enforce that policy. None of these are hard to notice, and I doubt you'd even have to ban anyone.

Some guards have very little fear of the shadows anymore. If they get ko'd enough times then all they'll have to do is wait for an ai to wake up and the more times they get ko'd the shorter the wait.
                      I've never understood why guards are supposed to fear the shadows -- literally or figuratively. Guards are the ones heavily armed with no lack of support, why should they be afraid of the bloody dark?

They even have several ways to neutralize the advantage that shadows offer to thieves. And as guards eventually learn -- often the hard way -- truly good thieves don't need the shadows.

And what's wrong with using the resources available? In this case it's the remaining lives. Crackaz allows tactical suicides, I fail to see how this is really different.

Guards don't take care of the AI and let them get ko'd which doesn't bother some because they'll just wait for a life.
                      I don't think I've ever seen that. One of the first priorities is always to secure as many AI as possible, but thieves have a decent advantage. It's easy to remove several AI before there's even a chance of saving them. In almost any map there are ways to essentially kill knocked out guards, and thieves can take advantage of this if they'd like.

After a thief dies he'll THEN let his team mates know where he died and or what kind of traps or how many guards are there. In some rare cases a thief will wait a long time to click out and continue to relay information to their team.
                      I believe this is already a bannable offense on Crackaz, at least if they're relaying detailed information. I imagine saying something like "I died in the exit with the gems" is okay. If players are doing this often, why aren't they banned?

So you sloppy guards out there you better shape up and start fearing the shadows a bit more and taking care of your poor helpless AI or the respawn setting will keep getting ya.
                      If the RLF were still around, I'd say you were running scared. ^_^
                      Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Originally posted by Dalai
                        Bunny hop?
                        I can only presume that you've had several PMs about this already, so I won't add to the pile.

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

NOBODY has told Dalai about the bunny hop?!

*Writes a PM, to add to the pile*

Comment

Originally posted by Salsa
                            NOBODY has told Dalai about the bunny hop?!

*Writes a PM, to add to the pile*
                            He knows it, just didn't know that name. It'll be fixed in 1.5.

Comment

Backing Grank right the way down the line on this one.

I'm not really against waiting for AI, I wouldn't do it myself, but I am very against guards getting sloppy or taking "infinite" lives for granted.
                              How TuF are you?
                              League of Legends
                              Bloodbowl by Extensions

Comment

Working...
                              X