Wall Hax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wall Hax?

Hi. I'm pretty new to Thievery. In fact I'm pretty new to Unreal Tournament in general. I bought Uneal Tournamet souly for the purpose of playing this mod. It was worth it.

I have one computer that works just fine running D3D, but my other computer has horrible graphics run in that mode. I wouldn't mind it, but it screws up the shadows pretty badly. Now, I tried to run it in software mode, and guess what? It works perfectly.

Now heres the question: Someone told me that there were wall hacks when you run in software mode. Now I don't actually want to wall hack, and I have know idea what it means. Could someone please tell me what these "wall hacks" are so I don't accidently do them.

Second question: Can you do wall hacks with any other video mode? My older computer doesn't work with D3D and OpenGL, but it works with all the other ones. Is it possible that some of those other ones can't wall hack?

Thanks for the help,
    Zmann.

Originally posted by Asaltec..SaitoNai
    not a hack, software mode you can see certain things through walls that you wouldnt in any other video mode.(torches, objects..)
    really you cant see anything worthwhile, except in certain instances.
    Okay, does it happen in the other modes too? (Besides D3D and OpenGL).

Comment

Other modes besides D3D, OpenGL or software?

If another mode exists, I've been missing out

Play whatever mode you like. As long as you don't go out of your way trying to exploit, you'll be fine.
      Nightmaster,
      .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
      - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

You can see light effects through walls, such as the flares, but that is on all the graphics modes, and is to do with the UT engine.
        Other than that I cannot think of any other 'wall hax' except the 'lean through walls' bug in an earlier version of the game.
        .: Daymaster - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

Comment

So soon that Shug forgets about Glide. S3 Metal is understandable, but not Glide.

If you can get the game running under Glide, then go for it. It's the best renderer for the game because it's the only renderer that runs solely on hardware. I have no idea about S3 Metal, except that I'm guessing that any hardware mode is better than software.
          Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

I always thought of Glide as being an OpenGL thing. Obviously not
            Nightmaster,
            .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
            - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

Yeah, I can get it to run in glide, but Glide's resolution only goes up to 800x600 and it can't be fullscreen.

Are you sure it will be okay if I use software mode? I don't want to get in trouble and get banned for something I didn't know I wasn't suposed to do.

Edit: Oh, and actually, my computer has a ton of ram, just a horrible graphics card, so software mode on 1024x768 runs without any slowdown at all.

I'm just wondering if it will effect gameplay at all.

Comment

it shouldn't.

I use software rendering for my netsurfing computer, but openGL for all of my gaming compys.

I've never had any wallhack instances. evar.
                "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

I'd look into getting newer drivers for your card. I know 3dfx is gone, but there are third party drivers out there, and they'll probably let you run in full screen with a higher resolution.

Out of curiosity, what is the video card?

Comment

Its some crappy Intel Extreme Graphics Card that came with the computer.

Um... I just noticed that in the Folly, you can go through the windows... I think this is a bug, because it works on all graphics modes on both of my computers.

Comment

Oh yes. the mapper used sheets ainstead of cubes forthe windows. Therefore, tehy have no thickness at all, and can consequently not stop your collision cylinder from passing through them.
                      "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Intel Extreme.

I have no idea how it can run in Glide mode, then, it shouldn't be able to at all.

Drivers can be found here. Hover over the graphics image on the left side, then Desktop Graphics, then choose the proper controller.

Comment

Originally posted by Radamanthus
                          Oh yes. the mapper used sheets ainstead of cubes forthe windows. Therefore, tehy have no thickness at all, and can consequently not stop your collision cylinder from passing through them.
                          Radamanthus is trying to say "Feature, not bug."

Comment

Originally posted by Salvage
                            I have no idea how it can run in Glide mode, then, it shouldn't be able to at all.
                            Likely why it only runs windowed...
                            It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Asaltec..SaitoNai
                              not a hack, software mode you can see certain things through walls that you wouldnt in any other video mode.(torches, objects..)
                              really you cant see anything worthwhile, except in certain instances.
                              Could someone tell me some places where this happens in some of the levels? I want to see if it hampers gameplay at all, or is just a little quirk.

Comment

Working...
                              X