thievery on ut2004 engine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thievery on ut2004 engine?

i just had a great thought, wouldnt it be nice if this mod was carried over to the ut2004 engine with its great lighting and physics? it would be cool if they could put in shadows using pixel shading, cuz then the thieves could dissapear into the shadows where guards cant see em, much like splinter cell's multiplayer
    Sc(+)peh

Hello and welcome to the forum, unfortunitely Thievery will not be ported over to UT2k4, I wish it would be. It has been discussed in the past, so your not alone in your thinking.
    But, be sure to check out Night Blade when it's released.

Comment

Originally posted by col2004
      great lighting
      This is debatable, btw. The dynamic lighting hasn't changed (still glows through walls), and the dynamic lightmaps were dropped from the unreal engine for UT2003/4. Although some nifty things can be done with projectors.
      Immortius' Forge

Comment

I thought UT2004 brought back the dynamic lightmaps?

Comment

I think you live in a nicer world than me.
          Immortius' Forge

Comment

Originally posted by immortius
            I think you live in a nicer world than me.
            Wow, that really sucks for you. The world I live in isn't very nice at all.

Comment

The douseable dynamic light torches you can make with ut2k4 do look alot better than the tut ones, (mine was doused with the link gun) but from what ive heard even tho it all goes to shadow once doused the engine still believes your in a lit area (though to your view it's pitch black) so thieves would show up as fully lit. Over come that and I guess you'd be able to do thievery2k4.
              [E.D.G]Chief

Comment

Originally posted by ]>CoD<[Chief
                The douseable dynamic light torches you can make with ut2k4 do look alot better than the tut ones, (mine was doused with the link gun) but from what ive heard even tho it all goes to shadow once doused the engine still believes your in a lit area (though to your view it's pitch black) so thieves would show up as fully lit. Over come that and I guess you'd be able to do thievery2k4.
                The dynamic lighting hasn't changed (still glows through walls),
                Read: No shadows cast by dynamic lights.

That's not to say that it can't be done......

Comment

I've noticed you guys always said there will be no water arrows in NB, but since everyone uses crossbows...

(I dunnah' understand what you're trying to say with your dynamic lighting talk!)

Comment

As much as I would like to see TUT ported to the Unreal 2 engine (because thats what you are talking about) it will not happen unless someone creates a new dynamic light system. But IMO this will only hapen if some coding guru outside Black Cat Games picks up the task.
                    Anway, wait for NB, not exactly TUT but I heard everyone can finally be thief and do guard hunting at their will.
                    Feel the power of the

Comment

but didn't thief3 use the uneal engine? O_o;

Comment

What is left of the unreal engine after they got done heavily modify it. A engine that was made specifically for Thief, in the way it used lighting etc. An engine that they gave it, it's own name. Sledge told me the name for that engine, it was internal at that time. It's up to them to release the name.

Comment

I believe they called it the Cornea engine or something like that. This means that yes, they did release the name.
                          Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Then they changed the name from what Sledge told me.

Comment

Nightblade will be a different game but I think a lot of TUT players will find it appealing.
                              One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
                              -
                              The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

Working...
                              X