Game join limit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game join limit.

All too often I see a game 10 minutes in with 1 or 2 thieves left and 4 guards left. Then, as many as 3 people come in and join guard leaving no area unpatrolled for the last few thieves. This may occasionally happen where thieves have KOed all but two players and someone new joins the thieves. (Not as likely a scenario)

The point here, is there should be either a time limit for joining a game or, perhaps more accurately albeit more complex, a ratio limit on lives. Otherwise, a game becomes suddenly, heavily unbalanced towards the end.
    Good Idear!
    0%
    Bad Idear!
    0%
    And now, for something completely different. (see post)
    0%
    BobTheDog says, "Now you've gone too far!"

Mhhh, interesting problem. I don't think many people would enjoy having to wait to play if there are available lives in one team, but at the same time what you said makes sense. I'd tend to say that i'd rather have the most people playing even if some few games could change in balance. I think changes aren't as common and as strong as to need such a fix. But still, i think it's a reasonable proposition.

Comment

I think it would work well if those players could join a queue.
      e.g. The first person to hit joine gets one of the remaining lives (if any are still left) when one of the existing players is knocked out.

This way everyone gets a go but not all at once.
      One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
      -
      The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

I don't see this as a big problem, really. It may unbalance one round once in a while, but for the most part, team balance takes care of it

I myself usually spectate when I first come into a server, if the game has been in progress for a while, but most people want to jump into the fray right away.

Comment

I wouldn't want to have to wait - there is already enough waiting sometimes in TUT

cheers

mono
          Yenz: "It's only murder if they say stop"
          Mono's wife: "What if they are mute?"
          Yenz: "There are internationally recognized hand signals for 'stop killing me you bastard!'"

Comment

damn, who put hose beer swilling dudes at the bottom of my post - i havent had any alcohol in over a month

lol

mono
            Yenz: "It's only murder if they say stop"
            Mono's wife: "What if they are mute?"
            Yenz: "There are internationally recognized hand signals for 'stop killing me you bastard!'"

Comment

Working...
            X