Lame, or game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lame, or game.

Crackaz, Breandor. Two thieves, 3 guards. People guarding: Me, bulletstopper, Beo

So, we set up camp in the objective room. I see Beo shoot a bolt into the sliding doors, preventing thieves from entering through it.

I take it out, and tell him not to do it again.

He shoots another one.

I take it out.

He shoots another.

Repeat 3 times.

I tell him that the next bolt he shoots into it, I firebolt the mines.

He shoots another one.

I take it out.

He shoots another one.

I take it out, firebolt the mines.

He shoots another one.

I take it out.

Repeat 5 times.

I tell him that the next bolt he shoots in, I'll get rid of the whistler.

He shoots another one.

I take it out.

He shoots another one.

I take it out, throw whistler out the window.

Repeat shooting and taking out.

I try to block him from shooting. He keeps shooting, sometimes hitting.

I ponder about breaking the chest out loud, he complains.

Bulletstopper grabs the chest, and won't drop it. I'm cool with that. He's cool with that. It seems that the only person in the server who has a problem with it is... Beo. Who is using the bolts from the chest to abuse a map bug.

So, aparrantly, he will report us to the admins. And that WE are ragers. Hrm.

Bulletproof keeps hold of the chest, Beo bitches more, because he is out of bolts.

Now, the part where I think that I have done wrong is when I firebolted a mine(And then, on my next life, I bought 2 more mines, and 6 caltrops)/threw away the whistler. What I didn't think of at the start, and what I should have done was grab the chest, and not drop it. But you can't say I didn't warn him.

So, is that raging? Bolting the door shut doesn't compare to bodystacking, because that follows the rules of the game, as they are - there's a red O indicating the objective, while bolt wedging is a map BUG. And I haven't yet heard of people getting banned for destroying objective stacks...

Bolting the sliding door seems fair to me. That's a pretty dumb entrance to go through because it makes so much noise anyway.

Now, bolting the theater door...That's a bit borderline, because it's an important entrance, while the breandor room has...*counts* 7. Course, I'm not the one that decides rules.
    Last edited by Hybrid; 27 Jul 2004, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Impersonates Morpheus voice

"When Thievery was first created, there was a hard-core player born inside. He was able to predict since sound goes through walls, and map exploits will be found, Thievery will always be broken".

To this day Thievery remains far from it's potential because of three main issues.
      1)Lack of clarity of server rules, and rules for maps. Specifically the world "laming".
      2)Sound propagation going through walls, will always be a thiefs downfall.
      3)Lack of a way to quickly settle map exploits.

"As long as the exploits exiiissst, Thiefs and Thievery will never be free.."

-The Prophecy

Comment

Must've been killed by that exploit on numerous occasions at the back of the gerome evidence room. If the bolts are shot from the other side, you can't remove them.

As for that case, 2 guards didn't want to use the exploit, 1 did. As far as I'm concerned, he was outvoted and therefore he was the rager.
        .: Daymaster - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

Comment

Helloo I made a funny >.<, I want the "lol's" plz.

Comment

Comment

This thread will eventually be moved to the Thievery servers forum.

Comment

I think in Breandor this is not such a huge deal in and of itself. What's more worrying is the fact that two (almost?) grown men are unable to agree to do one thing or the other.

The fact that you are both particularly stubborn players (and also the fact that Beo possesses very limited social skills) is what makes for the bad situation here. I would have left it alone.

Even bolting the door on theatre is borderline because there are another 4 entrances into that room; but I wouldn't blame someone for removing it. It's more than just a little cheap. Right now it's up to the discretion of the players and in most cases people will do the "right" thing by thieves. If servers are going to step in it'll either have to be all or nothing - either you can freely bolt doors closed or else NOBODY can do it and it's a bannable offense.
                Nightmaster,
                .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
                - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

I hope patch 1.5 fixes this.

Until then, any argument on the matter is retarded, and no one will ever agree.

Comment

I have sent Nachimir a PM about this, and he also wanted to know if anything else should be tweaked in Breandor.

Comment

The sword and shield are hard to frob, besides that I can't think of anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Shug
                        and also the fact that Beo possesses very limited social skills
                        OMG! LOL it's funny because it's True.

My View... Kinda Lame.
                        ~TuF~

Comment

Originally posted by Shug
                          (and also the fact that Beo possesses very limited social skills)
                          Allright. That made me snort out loud. I seriously hope that you aren't implying that I posess social skills.

Just to be clear, I'm not here to argue that the aformentioned expoit (Also exists on Gerome, as if that map's not hard enough as it is) should be banned - I just wanted to state my position on it, and put across my side of the story. I WILL pull the bolt out. And if it continues, I will make sure that anyone trying to will not get any more bolts. Unless bolt-jamming is OK-ed.

Comment

Whilst I admire your zealous anti-lame quest against the unbelievers, your fighting a difficult battle... tho I admit to an extent I am the same, I'll un-stack objectives, remove doorbolts etc.. but trying to get players to change... especially beowolf whose brain appears to be stuck somewhere in the 1990's is nigh on impossible.
                            ~TuF~

Comment

I think bolting door on breandor is unaceptable since those doors are there for reason. If map author wanted six, not seven entrances then he wouldnt make that entrance. And just saying there are six more is lame excuse. Its almost same as blocking lift in aqua, some will say its needed for victory and thats not same,but its same bug just in another place(less critical).I realy doubt that map crator is realy glad that some smart player finds way with couple bolts that cost almost nothing (while trops cost 30 and is far from solid defense) just block whole entrance.

Comment

Working...
                              X