A brilliant Idea!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A brilliant Idea!!!

Okay tell me if this is stupid or not but here it goes...

I was thinking about how to eliminate alot of the DM, camping and other issues people have problems with. I was thinking instead of having AI's as the guards for of respaw make it like the thieves have it, X amount of lives say like 10. This way the guard lives can only be used up IF a thief KO's a real life guard, thus eliminating kill/ko wins since most people don't risk KOing real life guards instead they go for the AI's. Also I think it would help w/ camping since the only guards that would be against the thieves would be whoever joined the game SO to make sure all obj's were safe, there could really only be 1 or 2 guards camping each obj. I jus think its a good idea since guards get tired of all the respaws being eliminated, resulting in a kill/ko win and thieves get tired of guards packing AI's plus a few real life guards into one room that has an obj, such as Korman. I dunno maybe its a bad idea but thats why I posted it so I could get a few suggestions from people that play the game. Thx guys!!

~Vik
    !i>A High IQ Doesn't Make Up For A Lack Of Common Sence<i!

a good idea unless you join server and you are the only thief
    where are the guards? no AI. what if only one gaurd joins and
    2 thieves etc. The sole guard is completly outnumbered if he is
    all alone with no AI to help.
    Maybe they could have some Guard lives banked like the thieves
    but to have all of them that way wouldn't work at all.

Comment

To what Ghostly said, I'd add this: Consider even a 4vs4 or 5vs5 game on a map like Spiders or DE. They'd be extremely difficult to guard effectively with only 4 or 5 guards, even if they weren't AI.

Comment

maybe have 2 or 3 AI but if they are KO it doesn't effect the guard respaws/lives. still i think its good to have guard lives not in the hands of the AI's 8)

Comment

Originally posted by \/iktoria
          maybe have 2 or 3 AI but if they are KO it doesn't effect the guard respaws/lives. still i think its good to have guard lives not in the hands of the AI's 8)
          It's not a bad idea. Maybe a workable variation on it would be to have all the guard lives initially spawned, but have an unspawned pool of human-only guard lives. That way, you have a full guard contingent present, but also a pool of human player lives that can't be touched by removing the AI.

Comment

The problem is : where would the guard respawn once the AIs are gone ? They could appear in behind a thief (or worse , in front of him) if they just use the AI's starting point.

I have a semi - realistic idea about it : how about making "sleeping" human guards ? Basically they would be deaf invincible sleeping AIs inside a guard house (no loot location , extra supply , perhaps more HPs) with the lowest inhabiting priority. They wouldn't be showed in the F1 screen but rather be represented by a guard life. So when thieves KO all of the last AI , the guards still have a chance of winning the round (even without camping) because of their new equipment (whistlers flares speed potions ect)

This only applies to map making by the way.

Comment

that dounds like a good idea stak, i think.... I got a lil bit confused but I get the basic idea. I think that no matter what, the AI's holding the guard lives, needs to be delt w/. I think we all can come up w/ some way of solving this.

Comment

sorry, forgot to say maybe have a place on each map where the guard's spaw? something like how the thieves have certian places to spaw. Maybe have like 2 or 3 different spaw points for guards that would make sure they don't spaw infront or behind thieves. I see this as a good idea since alot of times I'll get KOed as a guard an then end up inhabiting a AI's body that was maybe following a human guard and is in the middle of a fight between guard an thief. In these cases as soon as u spaw ure KOed or even while your in your loadout a thief tries to KO you. Having a spaw point for human guards would help alot of things i think.

Comment

Viktoria, your idea is almost as brilliant as you are, but NOTHING will prevent me from camping! MUAHAAHAAHAA!
                  I Need Training!

Comment

Working...
                  X