Look! A thread with no poll!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look! A thread with no poll!

A not so great idea from a not so great SNAFU...

It would seem all thieves start a game with 10 broadhead arrows. Why don't we allow ghosters or any thief looking for a bit more cash to sell those arrows, or convert them into footstep arrows? As a wanna-be ghoster, I could use footstep arrows a hell of a lot more than broadheads, especially for more delicate manuevers, like getting past all 12-some odd AI guards at the apartments on TH_Spider.

What do you think?
    TCO – Retired
    Former TCO Head of Intelligence – Retired

I think taking this to the extreme might be a good idea. Both thieves and guards could start out with no weapons or items at all, and have to buy everything. That way you could give up your xbow or blackjack for more stuff.

Comment

Hmmm... I think it -could- be a good idea, but I also feel like there would be an itch to this. :?
      JM

Comment

The thieves NEED a bow. 3 waters aren't enough in maps with lots of torches , whistlers , sentries , and worse , firespammers.
        Ghosters also need a vine to properly ghost in most maps.
        If the bow had a price , then a new type of DMers would appear. They would circlestrafe (or slash) while using flashbombs all the time if they could buy more than 3 , just imagine... An other type may as well buy 5 cracks and 30 broadheads if the blackjack is a bit too expensive. (if it's nerfed enough I think it should remain free)

It may seem unfair that the guards would have to pay for a crossbow while thieve's bow is free , but it may end firespamming and greatly promote teamplay by encouraging the guard to be more specialized , there may be defenders using only bolts and traps , and chasers using sword/mace and speed potions.

Comment

Hmmm... where did I mention you have to sell your bow? I meant the 10 broadhead arrows that 1% of the entire world uses. I want something USEFUL instead. I don't need arrows to smash the supply chest 5 times. But I could always use a little extra cash and get myself a moss arrow, some rations, an extra health potion, SOMETHING other than stupid, useless broadhead arrows.

Oh yeah, and 3 water arrows are enough. At least, for my style of ghosting they are...
          TCO – Retired

Comment

Originally posted by SNAFU
            Hmmm... where did I mention you have to sell your bow? I meant the 10 broadhead arrows that 1% of the entire world uses. I want something USEFUL instead. I don't need arrows to smash the supply chest 5 times. But I could always use a little extra cash and get myself a moss arrow, some rations, an extra health potion, SOMETHING other than stupid, useless broadhead arrows.
            Err. There are LOTS of uses for those broadhead arrows, even for a ghoster. You're just not being creative with them.

Originally posted by SNAFU
            Oh yeah, and 3 water arrows are enough. At least, for my style of ghosting they are...
            Oh? And how is the "die-repeatedly-hacked-into-hundreds-of-little-bits" style of ghosting working out for you?

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
              Err. There are LOTS of uses for those broadhead arrows, even for a ghoster. You're just not being creative with them.
              With all due honesty, I could use different types of arrows for the same purposes. Plus, I get killed by entrenched AI almost as often as I get killed by human guards.

Originally posted by LaughingRat
              Oh? And how is the "die-repeatedly-hacked-into-hundreds-of-little-bits" style of ghosting working out for you?
              It works quite well, actually. I think I'll show you a few tricks someday... like the "shout-BANZAI-and-jump-off-building-and-go-splat" style.
              TCO – Retired

Comment

Working...
              X