Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Secret Power of Flares

This should probably be fixed as it could become a problem if exploited:

This happened to Chalrif and I while guarding an objective. We were supposedly "guarding" the obective while haveing a good time throwing wine bottles and stuff at each other, when I lit a flare and threw it at him.
    The flare landed on the table, hitting a piece of loot. When the flare hit it, it got knocked through the table making it impossible to frob.

I didn't try this with the objective, because we were in a "real" game and I didn't want to be accused of cheating. But, it may be possible to knock the objective off the map with a flare.

It should be noted this was the scepter on Baffords. This may be a Bafford only bug, as I haven't ever seen that happen before.

Yup it's a bug. I found it in 1.1 but never tried it in 1.2 . I guess i forget these things very soon :/

Anyways, i tried it on the lyre in nostalgia and yeah. I moved it all the way up to the corner. After that ... i forgot it untill you said it right here
    Thanks for telling us , they might fix this now
    On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Another thing (I don't want fixed) about flares is something Frantic taught me.

You can light a flare throw it, then hit it with a tag for even more lighted goodness.
      The flare and the tag go away just like they would normally anyway.

Challenge of the Day: Throw a flare into the air and have somebody else try to hit it with a tag while midair.

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard
        Another thing I don't want fixed is something Frantic taught me.

You can light a flare throw it, then hit it with a tag for even more lighted goodness.
        The flare and the tag go away just like they would normally anyway.

Challenge of the Day: Throw a flare into the air and have somebody else try to hit it with a tag while midair.
        I remember the day he found out that trick. It was an mistake

Virus and frantic tried to kill me ( i was a thief ) so frantic trew a flare in the air, and virus tried to tag me. Instead of tagging me, virus tagged the flare!

I died from laughing
        On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

I've knocked loot off of tables by throwing other objects at them before. But is it a bug? If I hit a golden cup with a meat cleaver shouldn’t the golden cup move?

On DE I hit a candlestick a couple of times until it was off the table. The funny thing was it stayed in the air.

Whenever I have done this (which was only one game with 5 different loot objects) the loot was still frobable. Although if a thief was running through they might not see the loot on the floor since it should be on the table or stand.

Not a bug, exploit or cheat in my eyes unless admins or who ever the "man" is says not to do so.

Comment

This is fixed in the current build of 1.3 AFAIK.
            (AKA Dresden)
            Despite all my rage, I am still just a dwarf in a cage.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoPendragon
              This is fixed in the current build of 1.3 AFAIK.
              Excellent. That's what I wanted to hear!

Comment

Working...
              X