Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dead bodies...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dead bodies...

    ...placed on caltrops should allow them to be walked over safely. Not negated completely, as with a moss arrow, but just allow you to walk over them for as long as the body is laying there.

  • #2
    Interesting idea.
    (AKA Dresden)
    Despite all my rage, I am still just a dwarf in a cage.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by NeoPendragon
      Interesting idea.
      Little bit gruesome, too, when you think about it....

      Comment


      • #4
        I don't like this one, as it counters one of my favorite tactics: putting taffer corpses on 'trops so the other taffers can't see 'em. ^_^ Interesting idea, though, but I think it would prove too powerful. The counter to caltrops (moss arrows) is supposed to cost the same. Dead bodies are free.
        Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

        Comment


        • #5
          I love the idea. This way the guards wouldn't hide caltrops under bodies ... and cover objectives with it, because thieves have the chance to cover the caltrops with them.
          On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

          Call 0900-PHAE

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by DarkBill
            I don't like this one, as it counters one of my favorite tactics: putting taffer corpses on 'trops so the other taffers can't see 'em. ^_^ Interesting idea, though, but I think it would prove too powerful. The counter to caltrops (moss arrows) is supposed to cost the same. Dead bodies are free.
            Originally posted by PhaeThorn
            I love the idea. This way the guards wouldn't hide caltrops under bodies ... and cover objectives with it, because thieves have the chance to cover the caltrops with them.
            This is funny. One idea, loathed and loved, and for precisely the same reason!

            I'd have expected the ghosters to love the idea, though, as it gives them a potential temporary counter to one of the tactics that is MOST effective against them, namely, bogging a key objective area down with scads of trap.

            Comment


            • #7
              I did suggest an idea but I don't like it anymore so [post deleted]

              Comment


              • #8
                As a ghoster, I would really like being able to do that, but that doesn't change the fact that it would be unbalancing. Thieves have moss arrows for that -- if caltrops suddenly have a free counter, it's going to make them much less effective, and I disagree with it for that reason. Not everyone only sees one side of the game, LR. ^_^
                Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DarkBill
                  Not everyone only sees one side of the game, LR. ^_^
                  Oh, puh-leez.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Here I have a counter - proposal :
                    why not make dead bodies negate the caltrops , but lay blood for each of them ? Thieves have to chose between paralysis and pain or footprints , so laying corpses on caltrops wouldn't help if using the invis + catfall combo.
                    If the unconscious guards had a separate actor , they would wake up at the contact of caltrops.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by LaughingRat
                      Originally posted by DarkBill
                      Not everyone only sees one side of the game, LR. ^_^
                      Oh, puh-leez.
                      You were asking for that comment, all I did was provide it.
                      Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by DarkBill
                        You were asking for that comment, all I did was provide it.
                        I hardly think I deserved that comment. I actually PLAY both sides of the game, and in fact, prefer guarding.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by LaughingRat
                          Originally posted by DarkBill
                          You were asking for that comment, all I did was provide it.
                          I hardly think I deserved that comment. I actually PLAY both sides of the game, and in fact, prefer guarding.
                          I think you took that the wrong way. I'm not saying you don't -- it's just that since you constantly harass other people for their biased opinions, I was pointing out the irony of your comments in this thread. ^_^
                          Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            On the sbject of dead bodies... I think unconscious bodies should grunt when you run over them. That would promote stealth

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by DarkBill
                              I think you took that the wrong way. I'm not saying you don't -- it's just that since you constantly harass other people for their biased opinions, I was pointing out the irony of your comments in this thread. ^_^
                              I see. I didn't think it was a biased suggestion when I posted it, but pointing out that it's a free counter to caltrops has me thinking a bit more. The fact that the trops could still be there if the body was removed, however, I thought was fair compensation. The caltrops aren't permanently gone, just temporarily disabled.

                              I liked Stak's idea of making a blood spot where you drop the body, but then I remembered that bodies are aways considered blood spots anyway (if I'm recalling correctly), so that doesn't really seem balanced either, since the choice he mentions thieves having to face (caltrops or footprints) applies in the original suggestion, and his suggestion REMOVES the caltrops.

                              I guess I still don't think it's particularly unbalanced, and it'd help thieves, particularly ghosters, get through the gauntlet of caltrop fields they're sometimes forced to face.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X