No announcement yet.

Alternate Way to Disable Mines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nobody liked it when i suggested mines get a 30-50% camo effect and now EVERYONE wants it pffffft i say PFFFFT.

Leave them as they are.
    How TuF are you?
    League of Legends
    Bloodbowl by Extensions

Comment

mine exploding nomatter who stepss on them was one of the things that really p***ed me off it was useless beacuse you could set off ur own mines but having some camo on the mines might be better not full camo thou
      Boss: Can you at least make coffee?
      Guy: It didn't work out at my last job
      Boss: where did you last work?
      Guy: Starbucks

Comment

Mines are little more than glorified doorbells anyways.
        They rarely kill thieves from what I see.

They are easy to see and don't seem to do much damage.
        "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Gerbil
          Mines are little more than glorified doorbells anyways.
          They rarely kill thieves from what I see.

They are easy to see and don't seem to do much damage.
          I kill LOTS of thieves with my mines. It only takes 2. Put them in a dark area the thieves are likely to step in. If you place the just so they won't even be visible without close inspection. Then you can turn your back to the door until you hear a loud BOOM and "Taffer killed his own dumb self!"

Would be nice if they were painted all black. Even harder to see.

Kiech
          Kiech

Comment

I started this thread after I played a game on Gerome. The final objective (besides escaping) was the evidence book on the 2nd floor, in that room with only one door. I'm sure there were several guards inside the room, but from the roof outside, all I saw were two mines outside the door. I was the last thief, I had about 30% health, and I had no lockpicks. At that point I realized there is no way I can win. Those mines may as well as have been a brick wall. It was a totally uncounterable guard tactic with the tools at my disposal. I can't moss it, I can't water it, I can't arrow them to make them explode. I couldn't do anything. If I had lockpicks, of course, I could have worked on them at great risk to myself and that's fine, but I couldn't even do that.

That's why I brought up this thread. MG's right. They're pretty much doorbells unless you put two together and the right spacing which can deal a lot of damage (but who wants to pay 200 for one thief kill). I still think they should be camoflagued and exploded remotely with arrows, but that's just My Humble Opinion.

But maybe I'm just a sore looser
            "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Jump?
              "There's no problem that can't be solved with a big crate!"

Comment

Take out the guard that laid them, and they become dangerous to the remaining guard as well. Of course, if he stays in that room....

Oh, there IS another way into that room, but it doesn't always work.

Comment

Moral : always buy picks...

Seriously , when you have this kind of situation the best thing is to say GG then suicide. Or , if other players are bored and find the doorway spamming cheap , call a map change vote.

There's still the option of using crack + 3 broadheads by leaning to aim at the guard

Comment

but who wants to pay 200 for one thief kill
                    MG pays 200 gold for two firebolts just to kill me once, if he's lucky! :twisted:
                    Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
                    "Dream is Destiny"
                    Waking Life

Comment

Originally posted by Curunir
                      but who wants to pay 200 for one thief kill
                      MG pays 200 gold for two firebolts just to kill me once, if he's lucky! :twisted:
                      I'd pay 2X that amount for that kind of fun. :twisted:
                      "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Comment

[quote="Buho"]
                        What if the thief does not have lockpicks, and not enough health to run over it? What then does he do?

my answer

do whatever you can with the tools you have at your disposal and if that doesnt work

tough luck

cheers

mono
                        Yenz: "It's only murder if they say stop"
                        Mono's wife: "What if they are mute?"
                        Yenz: "There are internationally recognized hand signals for 'stop killing me you bastard!'"

Comment

2 possible solutions:

1. Give thieves the option to buy flare arrows as in thiefmatch. These should detonate mines.

2. (My favorite, if you've read any of my previous posts on the subject) Make all players detonate mines, regardless of who placed them. Damage dealt to thieves should be upped to balance it, but i think if a guard uses a mine to keep thieves from entering a room, he should damn well be unable to leave.

~Occam

Comment

It seems to me, Buho, that you don't think a thief should have to buy lockpicks. First you complain that there's no way out of Nostalgia unless you have lockpicks or a vine, and now you complain that you can't counter mines without lockpicks.

That'd be like me not buying a melee weapon and then complaining I have no way to kill a thief up close.

Lockpicks are part of a thief's toolkit. If you don't have em, of course you will (and should) be limited.

Comment

A perfect point slappy

Its exactly like a guard with no melee weapon, even versus a thief who doesnt KO or kill its a disadvantage he bought (or apparently never bought) into

Oh and kiech give up on the black mines idea already, they are affected by the lightmap when placed anyway so they hide great in dark places, if they were *just* black they would be useless anywhere but in shadow, which is what most people think of them now.... so black mines cant solve this.
                              How TuF are you?
                              League of Legends
                              Bloodbowl by Extensions

Comment

Touché, Slappy. My (eventual) thoughts exactly

But the suggestion still stands. I think everyone likes more possibilities, more tactics, more options, more ways to do things. This is one more way for thieves. If someone came up with another way for guards to own thieves, like clotheslining circlestrafers (:lol, I'd consider that, too.
                                "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Working...
                                X