Aquatone and 1.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aquatone and 1.3

This is a question for the devs, I have played the aquatone patch and I don't like it. The new vents you've added make it ALOT easier to thief, thats what I absolutely love about aqua, If you drop out of certain places yeah you'll prolly get a lot of loot and evidence... now you gotta get half way across the map back to the vents with out dieing. On top of that there are a ton more shadows and little things that make it so easy for the thief. Perhaps its been changed because everyone cries about it being so hard to win, yet I win atleast 50% of the time as a thief. Anyway my question is will the old aqua still be available after 1.3? Its THE best map imo. Thanx for your time and consideration.
    "They say we cleaned out the royal treasury, and took the kings wedding ring off his finger as he slept!" "That must have taken an entire team of our best sneaks." "I heard it was lieutenant Jarvis." "Impossible!"
    -Two unknown CTG probies

Originally posted by Majarisan
    This is a question for the devs, I have played the aquatone patch and I don't like it. The new vents you've added make it ALOT easier to thief, thats what I absolutely love about aqua, If you drop out of certain places yeah you'll prolly get a lot of loot and evidence... now you gotta get half way across the map back to the vents with out dieing. On top of that there are a ton more shadows and little things that make it so easy for the thief. Perhaps its been changed because everyone cries about it being so hard to win, yet I win atleast 50% of the time as a thief. Anyway my question is will the old aqua still be available after 1.3? Its THE best map imo. Thanx for your time and consideration.
    The answer is YES and NO! Yes, you can keep the map for yourself, just before you apply the new patch, rename aquatone to something oh say 'aquadeath' and you get to keep the old map. But you will only be able to play it online if the server admin supports the older version of the map...which will prob be a no, since there is not a current outcry to keep aquatone as is.

Kiech
    Kiech

Comment

Erm, I've got news for you:
      It's NOT meant to be easy for the guards to vent hunt.

Thieves have to leave the vents to get evidence & loot, & most vents can't be re-entered due to being in the ceiling, so if you keep patrolling the corridors, you'll catch the thieves eventually.

Aquatone is laid out so that theoretically guards control the rooms/corridors & thieves control the vents. I don't think it's currently as hard to thieve as everyone says it is, but I'm glad they're making the vents darker, since there was no good reason why they should have lighting in there (if guards were going to repair/use the vents, they should be using flares).

Comment

I love the aquatone patch. I think it's much better than the current one.

It is nonvent-hunting friendly. The vents are much darker now. So it's harder for a guard to find a thief in there. Besides, why would an airvent need to be lighted? Also, it is very easy now, since there are less entrances and ways to get around in the vents, for the guards to cut off an important area with a few sets of caltrops. Adding more vent area helps thieves on this.

The ratio of guard to thief wins on aquatone is NOT 1:1; it's more like 3:1 in favor of guards. Thieves on the current version have NO chance against a well seasoned group of guards (unless he is GS or ungodly lucky). The new version allows thieves to be more stealth-like, and will prevent less confrontations and thieves just running around hoping to not get killed.
        Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
        "Dream is Destiny"
        Waking Life

Comment

I say, vents, make them dark! And less noisy (get's me buggered)

Comment

Originally posted by The_Dan
            Erm, I've got news for you:
            It's NOT meant to be easy for the guards to vent hunt.

Thieves have to leave the vents to get evidence & loot, & most vents can't be re-entered due to being in the ceiling, so if you keep patrolling the corridors, you'll catch the thieves eventually.

Aquatone is laid out so that theoretically guards control the rooms/corridors & thieves control the vents. I don't think it's currently as hard to thieve as everyone says it is, but I'm glad they're making the vents darker, since there was no good reason why they should have lighting in there (if guards were going to repair/use the vents, they should be using flares).
            Apparently you misunderstood me, my post had nothing to do with venthunting. IMO vent hunting guards are asking to get killed. Any thief worth his salt can crack and kill a vent hunter with BH. My main problem with the patch is the new vents they've added. It makes it so easy to loot the directors room and get out alive cause theres a vent right there you can duck into. Same with the conference room. Maybe I'm just exceptionally good at theiving aqua as it is, but I think the new patch will make it WAY to easy for thieves, and that will encourage guards to just camp the elevator right from the start and that detracts from the map. Its turns this incredibly fun map into 'grab the objectives real fast then try to escape on the elevator'. Nothing gets my heart pounding more than trying to survive in the hallways in aquatone. Anyway I can prolly convince lr to get the private server to support the old aqua. So I guess I'll be alright.
            "They say we cleaned out the royal treasury, and took the kings wedding ring off his finger as he slept!" "That must have taken an entire team of our best sneaks." "I heard it was lieutenant Jarvis." "Impossible!"
            -Two unknown CTG probies

Comment

Its turns this incredibly fun map into 'grab the objectives real fast then try to escape on the elevator'.
              And it's not already? :?
              TCO – Retired
              Former TCO Head of Intelligence – Retired

Comment

I think the old Aquatone is good as it is; as many of the maps seem geared towards thieves anyway (Nostalgia especially)

And it's always fun being the last thief left and winning when there's 3 human guards :roll: :grin: (like i've done once)

So IMHO, server admins should at consider keeping the old Aqua on their map list.

Comment

Originally posted by Zidane
                  I think the old Aquatone is good as it is; as many of the maps seem geared towards thieves anyway (Nostalgia especially)

And it's always fun being the last thief left and winning when there's 3 human guards :roll: :grin: (like i've done once)

So IMHO, server admins should at consider keeping the old Aqua on their map list.
                  Old Aquatone is flawed, it has a bad spawnpoint and a buggy elevator. It was a good map, but there was need for a fix on some issues.

Comment

Working...
                  X