Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invisible guard bug and more!!!

Hi there...

I think many of you know this mysterious invisible guard bug.
    It happens mostly online when you are leaning right or left.
    Then guards disappear suddenly. It can also happen when you aren't leaning. As you can imagine it is very annoying to have this bug.
    Yesterday it was even worse:
    I played "Th-Archery". There are buttons in the paintings to open the trophy-cases. The buttons were invisible!!! It was only me who couldn't see them. Additionally some mines went invisible, too. This was in "Th-LordBeckv2". It only happens online and mostly when you are leaning.

HELP ME PLEASE because it sucks.

The invisible bug is usually related to lag as well. Are you sure you werent experiencing packet loss? I had those same issues when my ISP crashed or started to have anyiong packet loss
    Feel the power of the

Comment

I think everyone gets this, it's an online thing, I normally fix by re-leaning, or adjusting my position at the time. It is annoying tho.
      ~TuF~

Comment

Moved to the appropriate forum.

Hasn't this got something to do with line-of-sight? I think it's UT's fault, not Thievery.

Comment

It's a feature of the native netcode to preserve bandwidth. There are ways around it, but IMO the pings are high enuff alreday.
          ]V[]V[

Comment

Things don't get replicated (sent to you) until you can see them, which may or may not take into account leaning. This is default UT behaviour to minimise the bandwidth used. Things can be set to be always relevant, but it would be a bad thing to do this with guards. It could be done to the buttons though.
            Immortius' Forge

Comment

Originally posted by immortius
              Things don't get replicated (sent to you) until you can see them, which may or may not take into account leaning.
              From my experience it does not.
              ]V[]V[

Comment

I don't get it. If you're leaning and you can see around the corner, why wouldn't the guards show? I think I've seen bot guards disappear when I wasn't leaning also. I've seen invisible doors, levitating door handles and KOd guard bodies floating in the air as well....

Comment

The 'can you see it' calculation is done from the middle of you, to the middle of your target, I believe. Since your body doesn't technically move when leaning, the calculation doesn't realize you should be able see the target.
                  It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

I've noticed this only seems to happen if you don't have FULL line of sight on a guard. So even if you have line of sight on three quarters of his body, he might still disappear. But only after he pops up initially...
                    Nightmaster,
                    .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
                    - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

Line of sight is one of many things that are taken into consideration when the server decides what needs to be sent to clients. Although if they're disappearing very quickly after you see them, it's likely not a netplay problem.
                      It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

I wouldn't say that this bug is such a major issue, you'll usally do fine anyway, it's worse with teleporting laggers!

Comment

Scrub indeed

am i rite
                          Nightmaster,
                          .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
                          - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

It *should* take into account leaning, but I've never seen it work 100%.

Comment

Use Third Person!
                              How TuF are you?
                              League of Legends
                              Bloodbowl by Extensions

Comment

Working...
                              X