New Idea: Crossbow Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Idea: Crossbow Upgrade

Not sure if this would work or not. Someone more experienced than I needs to judge.

What if the guard could spend some of his/her buy-menu-gold to increase the crossbow rate of fire?

On certain maps, with certain teamwork, it is especially nice to have a guard lack the sword/mace and go "all missile weapon". My idea is meant to encourage this appropriately. But if things would become unbalanced, nevermind.

Alternatively, the increased rate of fire might only apply to standard bolts.

A number of options to beef up the crossbow had been discussed previously. I think the one that was settled on for the next patch was simply making it do more damage. That, and if I understand correctly, a new model for it, so that it LOOKS tougher.

Comment

I think it's a good idea, but have you ever cocked a crossbow? It is very hard to do, and takes a time. The harder it is to cock one, the more taught the cord will be, propelling the dart/bolt faster and further, with better accuracy.

I think it's a good idea to maybe make the guard "stronger" or more "dexterious," in a sense, giving him better accuracy, and making him load a bolt faster. This guard would NOT be able to use a mace, and mabe not even a sword, a dagger or short sword that deals less damage than a regular sword perhaps?

On the note of having different weapons, does anyone think it would be a good idea to have more weapons for guards and thieves too choose from? What I mean by this is, lets say you added a short sword option for the guards buyout. Having a short sword would make him be able to run faster than a guard with a heavier sword. Or for thieves, throwing darts or a blow gun that makes a guard unconscious for a period of time, or have another form of the crack arrow, but in a dart form. Doing this, you could make it to where thieves could pick between having a bow, a blowgun, or spending a considerable amount of money for both.

This could also possibly be a new type of guard and thief to choose from, similar to the proposed idea of a "mage/cleric" guard.

Good idea.
      Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
      "Dream is Destiny"
      Waking Life

Comment

I though knives would be a nice addition.

You could use them as a melee weapon (I'd love to be able to slit guards throats ), & also throw them over short distances (doing high damage if they hit an enemy in the back)

Comment

Spiky ball on a stick!

I just like to say "spiky ball on a stick."
          "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Originally posted by Buho
            Spiky ball on a stick!
            They really need to be used from horseback....ADD RIDABLE HORSES!
            One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
            -
            The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Chainsaws

No.
              JM

Comment

Originally posted by Lurox
                Originally posted by Chainsaws

No.
                What Lurox said.

Comment

I'd like to see a longranged polearm class weapon, like a cythe or a halberd.

Biiig damage and large range, but a slow attack.

Comment

Someone thought of a cannon from the old forum that the guards could use. Looong time to load, takes forever to position, but massive damage.

Wait, why the hell would the guards want that? You can never find the thieves, and they move way too fast for a cannon, anyway.

Nevermind
                    "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

how about an ak47?
                      I think the knife would be cool or maybe a set of, lets say five knives which can be strucked to some evil guards back, or thrown at someone
                      I dont know how much damage would the knife do, but it couldnt be thrown too far.. only an idea
                      a man can take the pain, but the humiliation..

Comment

When will we see the Repeating X-bow in TUT? It's IN THERE, but not used... why?

Comment

Originally posted by LegalAssassin
                          When will we see the Repeating X-bow in TUT? It's IN THERE, but not used... why?
                          Oh no...please please PLEASE NO!
                          Kiech

Comment

Yeah, exactly what I think...

But why are there so many thing in there that wont be used? In example, the "BrokenObjects"-thing... If it's not supposed to be there, and there's a working ditto, why have it there?

Comment

A lot of it is stuff that they have been using to test different things with, such as the handgun that fires arrows. Other things, like the scouting orb, they have been working to develop. Maybe they wanted to just play with it for now, and keep it just in case. Who can really understand what the Gods True Plan is, anyways?
                              Kiech

Comment

Working...
                              X