Door handles...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door handles...

Probably already know about this, but why not state it again?
    When I was playing, the one door handle didn't stick to the door. It was floating in the air, away from the door. The odd part was, it wasn't on the side the door opens to. The door opens out, and the handle was on the inside. I took some screenies in case its important... Might post them later.
    It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Hmm, I have a rough understanding of what can cause this problem:

Lag

In slightly more detail:

When an opening door collides with a player, it is told to stop immediately. However, it then has to pass a call along to any attached door handles; this is where the lag can cause the problem:
    -There is a delay in passing the function call along to keep the handles & door in sync. when the server is suffering from heavy lag, this function isn't replicated properly & so the handles fall out of sync. Henceforth, they no longer appear to be attached to the doors correctly.

The reason that the handle was on the wrong side of the door is because someone blocked it when it was closing & so the handle carried on rotating when the door had stopped.

Hope this helps

Comment

Wait...the door is susposed to collide with the player when it is opening/closing? The only time the door will collide with me is when its open or closed, and not moving. I usually don't stop and wait for a door to open, since I walk right through them. I always thought this was a feature, not a bug. Weird.

Kiech
      Kiech

Comment

I remember reading that it was intentional.

If the doors puched you around, it'd be very annoying. (i'm sure they tested this)

Comment

The windows in Darkened Enlightnment still push you around.

Comment

Commen bug ( for me ). Allthough it was a problem in 1.1 it still comes in 1.2

Mostly on door in korman or gerome.
            On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Originally posted by PhaeThorn

Yes, it used to be a lot worse. In 1.1 some doors appeared to be open, but they were actually closed, so you'd be blocked by a wall of air.

needless to say that this was a very big issue for thieves that were trying to escape from a guard.

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
                Originally posted by PhaeThorn

Yes, it used to be a lot worse. In 1.1 some doors appeared to be open, but they were actually closed, so you'd be blocked by a wall of air.

needless to say that this was a very big issue for thieves that were trying to escape from a guard.
                God yeah, that sucked. In 1.1 it was mostly Breakout. Anyways, on nostalgia this still happends sometimes, though .... now the door disapears, instead of "being open or closed"

It's the door near the display room. The door to the room before the closed door.
                On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

The thing is, the door handle was not in a spot it would travel to if the door were opened. Its like the handle was opening the wrong way...
                  It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Maybe a real answer can come if you tell us what door, in what map - maybe the problem can be recreated. But LAG just screwing up the door sounds like the problem to me.

Kiech
                    Kiech

Comment

Originally posted by Kiech Bepho
                      Wait...the door is susposed to collide with the player when it is opening/closing? The only time the door will collide with me is when its open or closed, and not moving. I usually don't stop and wait for a door to open, since I walk right through them. I always thought this was a feature, not a bug. Weird.

Kiech
                      Oops, yeah I forgot.

Most doors are set to ignore players if they collide while moving, but some aren't.

In the case where the door ignores players, it'll just be a case of lag not telling the handle to stop moving when the door has finished it's movement.

Comment

Working...
                      X