Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Internet play crashing...tick-->loop thing...strange...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet play crashing...tick-->loop thing...strange...

K look at this...sorry for being lazy...

http://www.thieveryut.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=634

It's odd, and other people are experiencing it. Also this just seems to be starting. Thievery was usually very stable. I'd like this addressed if possible.

Originally posted by Onager1286

It's odd, and other people are experiencing it. Also this just seems to be starting. Thievery was usually very stable. I'd like this addressed if possible.
    I've never noticed that Thievery was all that stable. It crashes out on map changes for me FAR more often than UT ever did. Sometimes it'll go hours without a problem, and others it'll crash on every mapchange.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
      Originally posted by Onager1286

I've never noticed that Thievery was all that stable. It crashes out on map changes for me FAR more often than UT ever did. Sometimes it'll go hours without a problem, and others it'll crash on every mapchange.
      It only 'crashes' on mapchanges when you are idle for some time. I think it's a built in feature to open places on the server by kicking idle people.

Note that thievery never quits to the desktop, but rather displays the "unable to connect" page, without the "unable to connect" message.

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
        It only 'crashes' on mapchanges when you are idle for some time. I think it's a built in feature to open places on the server by kicking idle people.

Note that thievery never quits to the desktop, but rather displays the "unable to connect" page, without the "unable to connect" message.
        Au contraire. Mine crashes to desktop quite often. As LR said, sometimes I can go several mapchanges with no problems, and sometimes it crashes to desktop on every mapchange several times in a row.

Comment

I never ever had this problem ( exept the server problem from crackaz )
          And i played .... since the beginning almost.

Maby it's some videocard issue, or maby tut has feelings, and crashes people who are not nice to tut
          On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-

Not only does it crash when I'm perfectly active, but it never crashes to desktop. Sometimes it crashes with a message box, and I can cancel out to desktop, but sometimes it just crashes on the connect screen (the pic of the hooded man with the sword).

I think what Phae said about it being a video problem may be on target, though.

Comment

Working...
            X