Player "Icons"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Player "Icons"

OK, this isn't about people having annoying avatars or other aggravating identification but actually something useful, split between two ideas:

-This has already been suggested, but on levels where there are item-based objectives I think there should be an icon next to the corresponding player name if they have captured an icon objective. Perhaps each objective could have an additional property for a 64 X 64 icon that is displayed by the players name on the high score screen. This would complement the current team benefit of knowing what players have how much loot.

-Also, on a similar line I believe there should be an icon for lockpicks & repair kits, so at a glance players can see if there is anyone available who can repair the chest or unlock a vital door.

Obviously these icons would only be visible to team-mates, but would allow teams to decide strategies with less effort:

"Ok, Player A has the gem so he should go hide somewhere safe & Player B has lockpicks so he should go unlock the mansion doors. Player C should back player B up, etc etc"

& so on.

(I'm not planning on scripting this one because I'm not familar with the code required to manipulate the HUD, yet)

Nice, I like the idea of being able to tell who is carrying stuff like that. It would also help if you could see what others had before you wasted money on a repair/picks.

I think that more should be added to the score card at the end of the game, as well. So you can see who finished the game with what objectives.

Comment

i like the idea too it would elimanate alot of fustration of finding someone to borrow thier lockpicks to lockpick a mine.
      The Guard "eats, drinks, and sleeps"

Likita: lol, can't.. must..stay..awake.............

It's TACO TIME!

Comment

I love it - several icons should indicate if the player has certain resources available, in particular picks, repair, or objectives. Nice!
        {CTG} Softy Guildmaster
        Contact details updated
        I want more than 255 characters in this sig dammit!

Comment

I think that's a pretty good idea.
          BobTheDog says, "Now you've gone too far!"

Comment

maby it would be more usefull when it's in F1 ??

So you don't have to find the teammate, before you can see what he has

Anyways, could come in handy some day
            On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Icons on the score sheet (F1, not the end of game results) was what i was envisioning.

Comment

I don't know about the rest of what is here, because I am afraid of my hud display taking up too much room...but I would like some visual indicator that tells me how hurt players from other teams are. I don't need to know exactly how many lifepoints are left, just some vague repesentation would be nice.

Kiech
                Kiech

Comment

Originally posted by Yenzarill
                  Icons on the score sheet (F1, not the end of game results) was what i was envisioning.
                  Thats what I meant.

I've always referred to the F1 screen as the high score screen because I'm still thinking in UT terms when F1 showed who had what score.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiech Bepho
                    I don't know about the rest of what is here, because I am afraid of my hud display taking up too much room...but I would like some visual indicator that tells me how hurt players from other teams are. I don't need to know exactly how many lifepoints are left, just some vague repesentation would be nice.

Kiech
                    This is a more thief arientated choice because gets far less visualy on thieves and hardly the time to sit and wait for a hud display on them..... dont think this is a good idea imo
                    How TuF are you?
                    League of Legends
                    Bloodbowl by Extensions

Comment

Working...
                    X