Are Neutral Mines a Bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Neutral Mines a Bug?

Lost a game of Skelstonhead today because we'd camped out a room and when my buddy got BJ'd I happened to be standing on a mine of his.

I don't think mines should go neutral like that, it doesn't make sense at all as far as the game is concerned.

Also, another thing that sucks bad is when a pet spider runs over a mine I just placed. It means I cannot use pets to guard objectives on Spider because they end up going nuts and taking out the mines.

It's bad enough they do little damage and can be stolen, now they work against me?

Can we fix this?
    "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Actually, I would like to see mines do damage to anybody that steps on them. That includes anyone in the blast radius. Mines and expolsions don't know the difference between friend and foe, all they know is 'when I get stepped on, I blow up!' Why do you think there are so many people speaking out against minefields in the world today? But here again, magical protection is given to those who aren't mindfull of the consequences of their actions.

Bah.
    Kiech

Comment

I concur. Mines should explode after anyone steps on them. That is what mines do.
      Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
      "Dream is Destiny"
      Waking Life

Comment

Originally posted by Curunir
        I concur. Mines should explode after anyone steps on them. That is what mines do.
        Thats the way it was in 1.1 and it sucked big.
        (AKA Dresden)
        Despite all my rage, I am still just a dwarf in a cage.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoPendragon
          Thats the way it was in 1.1 and it sucked big.
          I cry for you... :cry:
          TCO – Retired
          Former TCO Head of Intelligence – Retired

Comment

Originally posted by Curunir
            I too agree...The mine I placed doesn't know the difference from friend or foe.

Only thing I can think of it that when a guard places a mine..they set a "special" sensitivity to only detect leather boots.
            The setting is changed to metal boots when a thief places it.. :grin:

Comment

I think its funny how during 1.1 everybody was like "Whaaaa my teammates are stepping on all of my mines!" and now its the complete opposite. You people don't know what you want! Who cares about realism? Realism sucks.
              (AKA Dresden)
              Despite all my rage, I am still just a dwarf in a cage.

Comment

I know what I want.
                Kiech

Comment

Mines DO damage everyone in their explosion radius.

Guards know where mines are, and therefore can avoid them. In addition, mines should be invisible to thieves in any lighting condition (however they should appear if the thief's crosshairs are on them - like a body in the darkness disappears unless you aim at it).

As for the "neutral mine" thing, this doesn't make sense - a guard should never set off a mine unless it's been placed by a thief. And those mines should do less damage to a guard (due to armor).

Comment

Originally posted by Kiech Bepho
                    I know what I want.
                    But you don't know how it was when the mines were going off for everyone. This feature was tested in 1.1 and it was a common agreement to be removed. This is not an issue anymore, there is no point arguing over this.
                    I Need Training!

Comment

GAMEPLAY > REALISM

Team-Mate sensitive mines sucked badly, but perhaps if a guard dies his mines should remain in favour of the guard team, I don't see this as much of a problem.

Except for all those people that will buy 3 mines, suicide, buy 3 mines, suicide, buy 3 mines... :roll:

Comment

3 mines?

Comment

you're limited to 3 aren't you?

Comment

I thought it was 2?

Comment

I thought it was 3?

Comment

Working...
                              X