X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Laurence
    • Jan 2003

maybe a cool idea?

i thought of something that would maybe have been much more "realistic" and cooler.. say for example if a human guard know the name of an AI guard and where he is standing, and the AI guard gets knocked out by a thief, then the human guard will know where the thief is? cause the knockout text on the top of the screen will apear "xxx got knockedout by xxx" Same on the map asylum? if the thiefs goes up the vents, the humans guards will know that the thiefs are there when a thief kills the spiders?? :? so it will be more realistic if you cant se who gets knocked out by who or if a thief kills a spider, only at the end instead............ A human guard know a specific AI guard walking around a area guarding,,, and are used to it, all of a sudden the AI guard has disapeard.. the human guard goes "huh?" and maybe will pay more attention looking for the thiefs cause they will probably be close.. what do you all think about that??? l8er..
  • Kiech Bepho
    • Jan 2003

On to your topic, guards don't get a message when the AI are taken out. However they can hit F1 to see what guards are remaining, and sometimes the location they were last in. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing that list hidden.

Kiech
    Kiech

Comment

• Laurence
      • Jan 2003

i used the AI guards as an example so you guys will understand it better.. cause i never knock out AI guards, bearly humans.. i will rather make a run for it (you can say i'm more of a ghoster) but say human guards instead. a human guard tells a other human guard "i will check that room out, be back in a second" or something... so the other human guard is waiting for him to comeback... and after a while he gets concerned cause the other human guard doesnt comes back!
      hope you get my point... of taking away some of the "action texts" or what you shouls call it.. :]

Comment

• [RLF]Kore (V)acLoed
        • Jan 2003

Along those lines you could make it that once an AI guard is knocked out their names does not get greyed out. They still show as alive but the # or remaining lives still goes down. And if a human guard dies the name reverts back to the AI guard's name and it appears from the list like he is still alive.

Comment

• Buho
          • Jan 2003

This was discussed several times before. One idea I liked was the AI doesn't grey out until another guard detects the body (body is lit-to-be-frobbed). This would encourage thieves to hide bodies more, if only slightly.

Or grey the name after 2 minutes of being killed. Time-delay.
          "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

• KewlAzMe
            Banned
            • Jan 2003

I can agree with the lit-to-be-frobbed part, or if AI sees the body. But I think while those guards are alive they need to yell their names out when they need help.. The Sound performance just isnt that great, nowhere near Dark Engine sound. Im not sure if that Unreal or just thievery, but They need to say "This is Sithchean, can I get a hand over here" so i know who to help, or light their name up when they are actively chasing a thief in the F1 list.

Comment

• LaughingRat
              • Jan 2003

To be fair to guards, they really need some way to tell how many respawns they actually have left. Perhaps just removing the AI's name from the list when it's killed/KO'd? It'd be a lot harder to keep track of which AI had been eliminated and where they were that way.

Comment

• KewlAzMe
                Banned
                • Jan 2003

pretty good idea.. But they can also see how many respawns they have left by looking at the Players: # Lives: # thing too

Comment

• LaughingRat
                  • Jan 2003

Originally posted by KewlAzMe
                  pretty good idea.. But they can also see how many respawns they have left by looking at the Players: # Lives: # thing too
                  A combination here, then? Leave the AI in the list, but update the number of lives showing as remaining? That's pretty good, actually.

Comment

• Laurence
                    • Jan 2003

Buho, hehe, nice one!

Comment

• Occam
                      • Jan 2003

I am all for removing death/KO messages.

Comment

• DarkBill
                        • Jan 2003

Death/KO messages aren't a real problem. A far more serious problem is the objective completed messages that guards get.
                        Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

• Kiech Bepho
                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by DarkBill
                          Death/KO messages aren't a real problem. A far more serious problem is the objective completed messages that guards get.
                          True. Why would the guards know when thieves have aquired thier objectives? Of course, we would need to hide the objective screen for thieves from the guards, to prevent them from finding out anyways.

Kiech
                          Kiech

Comment

• NeoPendragon
                            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by DarkBill
                            Thats up to the mapper. You can easily set weather or not you want the objective notification to be hidden or not.
                            (AKA Dresden)
                            Despite all my rage, I am still just a dwarf in a cage.

Comment

• KewlAzMe
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2003

Darbill is right.. but for things like the crypt eye in korman, Guards can be completely owned since u cant get to it and see if its still there, and if they steal 500 loot, you may still be guarding it and I think the THieves will win almost every game.

Comment

Working...
                              X