Ghosting balance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghosting balance

This idea is only good for some games, not all, But I think it would truly make ghosting effective in many games...it just requires one small thing from the guards:

Don't talk to any AI.

Thats right, no clicking on them and telling them where/what to guard. Let them do thier job as was intended by the mapper. Not attacking anyone is very difficult to do already, and when the AI are put into strategic places, sometimes ghosters have no alternative but to show themselves.

Human guards can still do whatever they want to. And in most maps, the AI that guard the crucial areas aren't taken over by the human ones right away.

This puts no other restrictions on the human players themselves, you can still venthunt, firespam, and camp all day if you wish. Just leave the AI's alone and give the ghosters a chance.

Now the part about getting the entire thief team to swear off the BJ, thats a different story.

Kiech
    Kiech

Yeah, if you move the AI the way I do, it's (nearly?) impossible to ghost.

Comment

Originally posted by MrEricSir
      Yeah, if you move the AI the way I do, it's (nearly?) impossible to ghost.
      I find that difficult to believe. There are a couple evil ways to place AI, but they're also easy to get around once you figure it out.
      Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

ghosting is supposed to mean 'don't even get seen or heard'. I do try to go fo this if I can however I thinks it the wisest thing to do most of the time. If I must get by a well placed AI typically I'll jump out and the ai gives chase, then while hes searching around I'll dash by the spot he was guarding. A good example of this is the AI in the dining room in Grange. If there is no better entrance then get him to leave his post.

Perhaps never being seen is all good and well, but doing that doesn't mean you've completed your objectives, and even if you did it doesn't mean you did it in the most effective way possible. I'm all for true ghosting but under the right circumstances I'll discard those self-imposed rules and win one for the team.
        "They say we cleaned out the royal treasury, and took the kings wedding ring off his finger as he slept!" "That must have taken an entire team of our best sneaks." "I heard it was lieutenant Jarvis." "Impossible!"
        -Two unknown CTG probies

Comment

You think there will be ghosters all the time? No, there will be Dmers and other people too. AIs that aren't moved are a easy victom. Guards have to save AIs by placing them differently.

And as ghoster, I like the challenge of AI placement. 8)

( i can only speak for myself though )
          On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

I'd like the chalenge of AI's too, but some people overdo it. They put massive amounts near choke points like the doors of spider etc.

Comment

Originally posted by طmega
              I'd like the chalenge of AI's too, but some people overdo it. They put massive amounts near choke points like the doors of spider etc.

In times like this, your mind can help you, instead of pure skills
              On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

[quote="طmega"]I'd like the chalenge of AI's too, but some people overdo it. They put massive amounts near choke points like the doors of spider etc.

picture

I can think of half a dozen ways past these guys off the top of my head, something like that is not a problem for an experienced player...
                One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
                -
                The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

Without getting seen and using no equipment? I'd like to see you do that.

Comment

oh geez! my screen is BLACK compared to yours Omega

Comment

Originally posted by Laurence
                      oh geez! my screen is BLACK compared to yours Omega
                      Actually, I had brighten it up a bit so you could see it a little bit better. My ingame is pretty dark though.

Comment

hehe, alright.. mine to.. adds much more feeling, and becomes more fun to play

Comment

Obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by طmega
                            Without getting seen and using no equipment? I'd like to see you do that.
                            Well, not NO equipment but at the least I could probably manage it with 1 breadhead (and yes that is whilst ghosting).
                            One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
                            -
                            The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

*sees a hotdoghead fly past him and notices that's he's getting sniped.

Comment

Working...
                              X