Is there a guide to Thieverymod.ini?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a guide to Thieverymod.ini?

Ok, before I get flamed, yes I did do a search for Thieverymod.ini and most of the stuff I found doesn't explain all the options in Thieverymod.ini. I looked so long my leg is going to sleep!

One of my questions, after opening the file probly 20 times tweaking the light gem and visibility % location, is what does ArrowTrails do? I set it to True and didn't notice any difference.

Beyond discussions of the light gem placement, which are pretty old hat at this point, what else is thieverymod good for? And would altering, customizing this file much put me at a risk for banning?

I know I could go through them all and change the settings, I'm just trying not to re-invent the wheel here and stay out of trouble in the meantime.

If you fancy making a server (or single player), the options for timed and frob wakeup are in there. You could also tweak the AI skill level exactly to your liking - 1 being genius, .5 being normal, and 0 being Benny, I believe. Anything in between is possible.

Messed with the footstep scales once. It appears to be a setting for how easily the AI (humans too, maybe?) can hear your footsteps. If you want pillows on your feet, set them to 0 and no bot will ever hear you in a single player game, I guess. (Only affects single player and your server)

Comment

Yeah, most of the stuff in ThieveryMod.ini effects game settings, AI wakeup, Frobwakeup, AI "cleverness" (theyre still stupid lol) etc..

The only real clientside thing there is in ThieveryMod.ini is ShowVisibility

this enabled a Visibility Meter, and shows your Visibility : XX %, which is much more accurate than the lightgem. You can also reposition it in your hud, thanks to one of Omega's tuts http://shadowguild.net/tutorials/
      Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Comment

Originally posted by necros
        this enabled a Visibility Meter, and shows your Visibility : XX %, which is much more accurate than the lightgem. You can also reposition it in your hud, thanks to one of Omega's tuts http://shadowguild.net/tutorials/
        Spider said that he DIDN'T want a tutorial about the % and the lightgem... LOL

Comment

well, thats about the only clientside thing there is in there
          Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Comment

The questions as I understood were:

1) What do the thievery specific variables in the ini files do (client side or not)?

2) Are there any variables which, if changed, might result in a player getting banned from servers (which I believe has happened)?
            Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
            Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

The settings are all serverside anyway, for example if you set ai to wake up in 5 seconds, if you go to brodys server you wont see them wake up in 5 seconds. So i doubt theyd get him banned because they wouldn't make any difference

Comment

Soem people found ways to modify the loadout limitations- and then where banned (though in those cases the intent was to cheat). Of course, a hallway littered with a few hundred caltrops is a giveaway.
                Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
                Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

Originally posted by Thebos
                  Soem people found ways to modify the loadout limitations- and then where banned (though in those cases the intent was to cheat). Of course, a hallway littered with a few hundred caltrops is a giveaway.
                  Server sides checks are good, mmm?
                  Immortius' Forge

Comment

Originally posted by Thebos
                    And it was done right in front of me at the time. If you're going to cheat don't do it blatently in front of an admin, mmmmkay.

Comment

I believe that problem was corrected in the patch following the discovery, hence now we see server locks on ini's.
                      Nightmaster,
                      .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
                      - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

Yeah..I'm more interested in the other stuff in the file which I don't understand...the arrow trails and I think there was one on flare lighting time?

I appreciate the link Necros...I've known about the light gem and visibility % for quite a while now, but there's some stuff in that tutorial link you sent that I found useful.

So I gather as long as I'm not giving myself caltrops (which I think thieves should have! ) or 50 health potions somehow then I'm not gonna get banned for tweaking with my thieverymod.ini? It sounds like it just affects single player stuff for the most part, so I guess I won't get banned for that.

Comment

unless you banned yourself, haha.

But yeah, if you do change anything it won't effect MP

Comment

Working...
                          X