Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FIX: Drop Objects, Sword/Mace automatically comes back out!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIX: Drop Objects, Sword/Mace automatically comes back out!

I see a lot of people talking about how they wish Guards could carry Flare in their hand and their sword at the same time, or at least have the last weapon they were holding, before pulling the flare or picking up an object, would automatically come back out.

Well I have fixed that.. (im sure others have found it first)
    I posted this in my Aliases and Binds post, but i think it needs more visibility so im making its own thread on it.

Find this line in your ThieveryUser.ini file:
    RightMouse=frob | Button bFrob | OnRelease unfrob
    and add " | ThSwitchWeapon 3":
    so it looks like:
    RightMouse=frob | Button bFrob | OnRelease unfrob | ThSwitchWeapon 3

Now when you are running around with ur sword or mace out... and u pick up a crate..as soon as u throw that crate away.. Your sword/mace comes back out!

Its not necessarily the last weapon you had out, but its something.

This also works with thieves:
    RightMouse=frob | Button bFrob | OnRelease unfrob | ThSwitchWeapon 2
    pulls your BJ back out.

And if you want to add each to your corresponding bind.txt file it works great.

WARNING: the sword or BJ will come out everytime you hit the RightMouse button, which may be cumbersome at rare times... try it out to see if you like it.. It comes in handy quite often.

THIS IS JUST A SIMPLE FIX FOR NOW. Lemme know if you like it.

Very handy
    Feel the power of the

Comment

christ on a cookiecutter, when did people stop remembering there's a forum for these things?
      I'm not so bad... Once you get to know me.

Comment

where?

Comment

Originally posted by KewlAzMe
          (im sure others have found it first)
          You have no idea
          On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Amusingly, 1.3 includes this feature already, but it returns to your hand whatever weapon you were holding before picking something up.

Comment

Yea i was pretty sure that it did, this was just a quick fix, however I never see anyone in game with this fix applied, its pretty obvious who has it if you watch carefully. I don't seee how that is Amusing though.. heh

Comment

Thanks Kewl!
                Kiech

Comment

Yea i was pretty sure that it did, this was just a quick fix, however I never see anyone in game with this fix applied, its pretty obvious who has it if you watch carefully. I don't seee how that is Amusing though.. heh
                  It's not amusing at all. It's the fact that it's handy.

If (:roll i had it, i think no1 would see it, but it's damn handy for the person who has it.

Same goes for other binds btw .... but you'll find that out yourself :p
                  On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

lol .. i've found that out already.. i am close to a bind wizard now. I have sooo many binds that jump around from different bind.txt files to different aliases. Its crazy..read that Aliases and Binds post to get a small glimpse of some of my tricks up my sleeve. Ive gotten my binds soo involved that I can't play on anyone else's computer because i need my binds .. im fiending baby!

The way you can tell that someone has this fix applied is because you will see/hear their sword come out constantly when they move a crate around to build a stack. or pick up bodies or other objects and drop them often, like when a guard is trying to put a body on an Objective, but he can't get it lined up exactly on the first try so he keeps retrying.. you will hear the sword come out like 15 times.

Comment

This DOES NOT BELONG HERE! MOVE BACK TO GENERAL DISCUSSION. Its neither a bug or suggestion.

Comment

This DOES NOT BELONG HERE! MOVE BACK TO GENERAL DISCUSSION. Its neither a bug or suggestion.
                        Dude, its been a month since the last post on this thread...and the problem has been fixed; so who cares? And actually, it should be in the FAQ forum.
                        Kiech

Comment

??? Reading skillz?? It isn't a problem!! LOL! Its helpful trick for Binds! And its not in 1.3

Comment

Working...
                          X