Idea - Supply chest max use.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea - Supply chest max use.

IMO, each players should have a limit on the supply chest. This would encourage guards to act like real guards instead of running through every dark areas they see with a flare in hand.
    Maybe have this as a server option? Because having infinite supply chest use kinda makes ghosting impossible for thieves, because they can't do anything vs the guard that will eventually kill him once he finds him.
    JM

How about something like this: Limit them to using the chest only once every 4 (server setting) minutes. On a typical map of 30 min, that translates into 7 total uses, or 21 extra flares. On longer maps, they get more chances to use the chest. Flare producing will still exist of course, but it would definatley slow down flarescanners.

The other option I like is that your total carried flares is the number you purchase at loadout time. If you don't buy any flares, you can't carry more than 3. This would force many guards to buy extra flares at loadout. I would still limit the chest to only giving out 3 flares at a time though.

Kiech
    Kiech

Comment

I'm sure people will start complaining about the time again.

Comment

People need a max to justify having a limit on supply chest, otherwise, they are just going to complain about it. And they need their flares fast, I wouldn't want to wait 600 seconds for one use of the chest.
        JM

Comment

Let's just wait till 1.3 is released, then we can discuss these kind of thing for 1.4.

Comment

Originally posted by Ř·mega
            Let's just wait till 1.3 is released, then we can discuss these kind of thing for 1.4.
            That's too long.
            JM

Comment

bumpidee-dah-doo!

Any other comments?
              JM

Comment

No, i'm too "lazy".

Comment

Originally posted by Lurox
                  bumpidee-dah-doo!

Any other comments?
                  Yes.

This is already in effect, essentially. If you can only hit the chest every 2 minutes, then in a 30 minute map, you can hit it at most 15 times. That's a de facto limit on the number of times each guard can resupply from the chest.

If you think that 15 times in a 30 minute map is too many (or too few), it is possible to change the chest delay, either up (or down).

Comment

I suppose upping the time to 4 minutes wouldn't hurt anybody except chest-spammers. I'm not an intense flare-scanner, but I find I hit the chest only about three times in an average game. Only when I'm bored, happen to be near the chest, and want to stockpile flares do I hit the 2 minute restriction.

I still believe your flare resupply should equal how many you initially bought. Or, a variation, 3 max each resupply, but automatic fill-up until you hit the number you initially bought. (If you initially bought 3 -- total of 6 -- you can hit the suppy chest twice before it does you no good and you resort to dropping flares.)
                    "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Working...
                    X