Intangibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intangibility

Just an idea that I have been pondering, I think it was brought up on the old boards...

If a thief is completely hidden in the shadows for at least 30 seconds, and also does not have a weapon ready or has used the frob button, he becomes intangilbe to guards/ai. This would seriously nerf shadowslashing/running, and enforce flarescanning. Noise may also be considered as a factor in this.

So, basically, a thief not doing anything but moving around in the shadows is safe until he does something or is tagged. We sort of have an admin command that does this (ghost) except the part about flying and going through walls can't be used.

Guards chasing after discovered thieves won't have to worry about this unless the thief has been moving in complete shadow for half a minute, which by then is too late for the guards anyways. And guards thinking they are safe in an area because they shadowslahed/ran through it, will learn to fear the shadows; however the thief that wants to use the BJ better be sure they score true, because as soon as the BJ is readied, their protection goes away. Think of this as the ultimate ZEN for ghosters.

Any thoughts?

Kiech
    Kiech

This has been brought up before.

No.

Too complicated. Experience is enough to avoid shadow-slashing. And lately, the only people that shadowslash are guards that have just chased a thief into the shadows and know approximately where he is, so 30 seconds doesn't even apply. If you want to hide for 30 seconds or more, find a safer spot that won't be shadowslashed or flarescanned.
    "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Originally posted by Buho
      ...And lately, the only people that shadowslash are guards that have just chased a thief into the shadows and know approximately where he is, so 30 seconds doesn't even apply...
      On the contrary, I see MANY experienced guards constantly shadowslashing for no reason but 'a thief might be there' all the time. And there are several places where complete shadows can take you far along the map.

My reasoning for this is twofold. One, why would the guard be swinging at a shadow in the first place, and two, the thief has prepared himself to dodge the swing. Again, I say if the thief makes too much noise, readies a weapon, uses an item or frobs something, or becomes less than 100% invisible, he should not get this protection.

And pardon me for not being able to find the old thread, but I believe that the jist of it was you gain intangibility if you are hidden, with no other restrictions, which I don't agree with. My plan would change around the way all the maps are played today, if thats what you are scared of.

Kiech
      Kiech

Comment

Working...
      X