Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bracket 4 Results
    Agnar's Team vs Chalrif's Team

The toss up went to Chalrif, and he deferred picking the map to Agnar who selected Gerome. Chalrif chose to guard, which turned out to work in team Agnar's favor.

FatRatHead led the DM killfest against the poor, defenseless AI of Lord Gerome. It can only be described as a slaughter, with Chal's team doing the best they could to hold the library from the impending doom of team Agnar's arrows. They couldn't. Agnar victory.

Now it was Chalrif's turn to thieve, and they decided upon a mixture of DMing and looting knowing that they weren't as good of DMer's as Agnar's team. Unfortunately this picture best describes Chalrif's strategy:

Agnar's team held off the thieves with solid network of well placed AI and took the match.

Attached Files

Comment

Bracket 5 Results
      Chalrif's Team vs Rodent's Team

Chalrif's team needed this victory to stay in the tourny. The toss up went to Rodent and he deferred to Chalrif who selected Grange. Rodent chose to guard.

The first match featured a combo of systematically eliminating guards and grabbing loot on the way. Chalrif and his team pulled off some amazing stunts (including throwing flares in the guards faces to aid in a narrow escape) to take almost all of the loot, but the solid defense held Chalrif's team at bay and the timer ran out giving Rodent the win.

The second round had Chalrif's team set up a solid defense. And after holding off multiple breaches, they were able to secure a victory over Rodent.

Chalrif's team was up to thieve again, and they were very successful with the rush at collecting most of the loot. pyomy and Spider held most of the loot and waited for Chalrif to collect the last, but Rodent's team killed him 1, 2, 3. pyomy and Spider frantically tried for the rest of the loot but Rodent's team prevailed.

Attached Files

Comment

edit:

Good job Rodents!
        Why did they pick Theater?
        Last edited by Flack; 26 Nov 2005, 07:18 PM.
        In the Future, One Duck Is The Law.

Comment

Championship Match Results
          Agnar's Team vs Rodent's Team

Rodent's team started off by winning the toss up, and deferred to Agnar. Agnar choose Theatre, allowing Rodent to choose thief.

Round one started with Rodent's team rushing the loot and objectives, taking out AI along the way.

Using the rooftops, Rodent's team was able to make its way for the escape and win.

Rodent's team set up an impressive defense and was able to corner Agnar's players at several choke points, allowing them to get many kills and leave only two thieves left. FatRatHead even left for the night as he thought all was over. However, Agnar and Bandit were able to pull off some amazing stunts and escape for the win in a close comeback victory.

Round 3 began and Agnar's team had learned from their past mistakes and set up traps at key chokepoints.

But Rodent's team successfully dodged Agnar's traps and was able to secure most of the loot and objectives without eliminating the guards. All three thieves escaped for the win and Rodent's team has won the Tournament of Darkness IV!

Attached Files
          Last edited by Biohazard; 26 Nov 2005, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Well done lads and hats off to Bio for organising everything and Rythmix for supplying the server.
            .: Daymaster - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

Comment

Well, the tournament has ended after 9 hours of Thievery action! It's been pretty intense, and I hope everyone has had a good time. It seems that the servers are already more full than they have been in the past, and I hope that they'll stay that way. I would like to thank Brody and Rhythmix for their servers and time, and Bill for his always helpful advice. Congratulations to all the teams that participated, as this was a very difficult tournament with many skilled players (some a bit rusty though ). A big congratulations to the three players that took the tournament: Rodent, Salsa, and Beast. I'll see everyone again next year for ToD V.

Comment

good job Rodent's Team!
                My Profile Sux.

Comment

Nicely done Rodent's team. Kinda sad the final match was a man down, though.
                  Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

It was still 3v3 - just Bigfoot instead of FatRatHead for round three.

Comment

Originally posted by WildBill
                      Nicely done Rodent's team. Kinda sad the final match was a man down, though.
                      Bigfoot stepped in for FatRatHead. It worked out nicely actually.

Comment

Congrats
                        Based on a true story.
                        The prequel.

Comment

Good Games ALL! Thanks for games. Now I'm waiting for "V"...
                          .:.S.e.r.v.e.r.B.r.o.w.s.e.r.:.

Comment

Well done guys
                            Nightmaster,
                            .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
                            - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

woo! it was all because I bet on you guys! I know my TUT players!

Comment

*ahem* slips kam payment

they worked great.
                                deserve victory

Comment

Working...
                                X