X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guard weapons.

Allright, muggins gave me the idea for the axe, so kudos to him

Throwing axe:
    A doublebladed axe with a very short swinging range (like the BJ) and an attack speed and damage similar to the sword. This weapon is in all aspects similar to the sword, except that it has shorter range and it can't block.
    The power of this weapon lies in it charge up attack. Once you charge the axe, you'll throw it when you release the button. Any foe hit by a thrown axe will recieve massive damage.
    Now, before you shout overpowered, let me add that the throw range would be rather short as well, perhaps similar to the flashbomb... not to mention that the guard would have to retrieve his axe everytime he throws it.

Thieves or other guards would not be able to get your axe.
    The axe will stick into walls, ceilings, beams... whatever it stick into anything.
    You'd have to be carefull not to throw your axe somewhere where you can't retrieve it, or else you'd have lost it.

Polearm weapon (maybe a scythe, or a halberd).
    This weapon does insane damage and has a very long range, but unfortunately it's swinging rate is also insanely low, making it a good defensive weapon instead of an offensive one... The secondary attack would be a onehit-kill overhead slash.

Nah, not just guards! I want interchangable weapons. I love the idea of a cornered thief picking up a sword from a fallen guard to protect himself. I want to be able to carry round a sythe and use it to decapitate guards in a full on medieval skirmish. Obviously this would take ages and change the game quite a lot but it would be v.cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Muggins
      Nah, not just guards! I want interchangable weapons. I love the idea of a cornered thief picking up a sword from a fallen guard to protect himself. I want to be able to carry round a sythe and use it to decapitate guards in a full on medieval skirmish. Obviously this would take ages and change the game quite a lot but it would be v.cool!
      It also wouldn't be thievery anymore. In all due respect, thieves should not be able to get their hands on anymore melee weapons besides the sword. Or else there will be even more Deathmatching.

As for the rest, please continue on the original topic and use other threads to discuss interchangeable weapons.'

Highjack my thread and die.

Comment

I havent explaned all the aspects, you are meant to work them out for yourself, its quite easy. For example to balance it thieves cant pick up the bigger weapons and hold on to them because they will show them up.

Comment

I havent explaned all the aspects, you are meant to work them out for yourself, its quite easy. For example to balance it thieves cant pick up the bigger weapons and hold on to them because they will show them up.
          Nananananaaa! *covers ears*

Could've sworn I heard something.

Comment

I think the axe idea is quite good, overall. It certainly doesn't seem overpowered, given its limitations.

Comment

What I really liked on Thief 2 was the small bombs those gold faces fired at you. Getting one of those in the face was funny. Around 15 century Germany they used to have grenade launchers. Why not?

Comment

Grenade launchers? Bah.

Do we REALLY need new HTH weapons? We have the 2 basic, sword and mace. Without animations to back them up, any new weapons will just be old hat and more of the same.

Kiech
                Kiech

Comment

I think that thieves should have daggers like real thiefs that would be nice. It would have a short range for attack but maybe it could lockpick but break if you used it for this?? Im just throwing ideas out there. Also it could mainly be used to get in short bursts of damage and just used for defense.
                  The Guard "eats, drinks, and sleeps"

Likita: lol, can't.. must..stay..awake.............

It's TACO TIME!

Comment

I think we should BAN swords for thieves, instead they should have daggers, or even better, throwing knives...

A throwing knife would be thrown at to 15-20 meters, with a quite straight trajectory, then if thrown horisontally it'd start bending down, landing about 20-25 meters away.

Higher velocity gives higher damage though you'd need 4 knives (if not headshot on guard without helmet, then 2) to kill the bluecoat. If the velocity's high enough on impact with a stonewall the knife would break.

The guards should have the bow. They should only be able to buy BH's. They would be able to up arrows from thieves hitting walls and wood. The only arrows they'd be able to pick up would be, apart from BH's, the Footstep Arrow (becoming a BH on pickup) and the Rope Arrow.

Good idea?

Comment

Deadly throwing knives wouldn't work. Unless it had the charge up grunt noise before you threw it or something it would be far too powerful. I think things like Virus' throwing axe would be really cool. Javelins/spears would work in the same way, with increased power but loss of speed and recovery time in between hits.

Comment

Deadly throwing knives wouldn't work. Unless it had the charge up grunt noise before you threw it or something it would be far too powerful. I think things like Virus' throwing axe would be really cool. Javelins/spears would work in the same way, with increased power but loss of speed and recovery time in between hits.
                        Before the fifth knife would have hit you, you should know where it came from.

The risk of the knives being destroyed would compensate that they'd be stealthy, as well as the price and that you'd only have 5, if you'd buy that many.

At least a dagger instead of a sword!

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                          I think the axe idea is quite good, overall. It certainly doesn't seem overpowered, given its limitations.
                          I concur. Excellent idea! I'd like to see this implimented.
                          "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

I like the axe idea as well. I wonder how interesting it would be if theives could frob it and hide it somwhere like junk items (to prevent theives from becoming axe murderers, yet providing a way to defend themselfes).

And yes thieves should be able to buy a dagger in addision to the sword. The only differences would be the model, the speed of the attack (about the same rate as Half-Life's crowbar), the weight (it would not slow down the thief), and the damage (every 3 hits take 1 health drop away, not an ideal DM weapon, but a good distraction/guard weakener).
                            Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself.

Comment

OooO!! and you could dual wield the sword and dagger!! making one hit instant kills!!! I'd so rename myself The Grey Mouser and DM EVERYTHING! MWHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
                              <makes love to TuT again and again...and again>

Comment

Working...
                              X