Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infra Potion? (Potion ideas)

Infra. Potion: Orange

A potion that guards could buy that would allow them to see all invisible objects for 10 seconds, sortof like an anti invisible potion.

All invisible objects, including bodies/moss/thieves and whatever more crap turns invisible in the dark are replaced by red hues (like thieves do to thieves).

When a guard uses an infra vision potion he emits a red light (like the lights that a guard emits when they have a firebolt or tag ready).

Perhaps a guard using an infra potion could see thief footsteps as glowing footprints, like the bloodtrails a thief leaves when he walks through blood, except these trails would be behind thieves allways (only for short distances though, old footprints disappear). <--- sounds cool but perhaps overpowered?

Mappers could use this feature to make text hints on walls or anywere in the map that can only be read while having swallowed one of these potions (anyone remember duke nukem's night vision), or better yet, how about a random spawned hidden key that could open a guards supply room??

The devs could use this feature to implement more invisible in the dark stuff in thievery.

Thieves would not be able to swallow these potions. (Blugh, this tastes awfull!)

Any thrown flashbomb will completely blind a guard using an infra potion, wether it's thrown behind him or straight in his face. (AI guard style).

Potion cost would be 100 banked loot.

Invis. Potion

Invisible potions should only be visible to thieves (as a red hue), when they are dropped to the ground they will fade out of vision for guards regardless wether theyre in shadow or light.

Guards would only be able to get invis potions by using infra potions or by random frobbing.

I don't know what to think of this, V12us.

At first I thought 'cool' maybe in this way...
    But the more I think about it, I say NO!

So comprimise, as I think anything new is good for the game: Map specific only, not availible in a loadout. Get rid of the inviso pot part, and change the color to yellow.(speed is already orange)

Kiech
    Kiech

Comment

wierd. speed is yellow for me..
      CTG

Rhymin & Stealin

Comment

Originally posted by Adrock
        wierd. speed is yellow for me..
        Really?

Ok, I need to stop putting off my video driver upgrade....
        Kiech

Comment

hey, who knows, maybe it is my driver that needs updating... or maybe it's just an orangy-yellow
          CTG

Rhymin & Stealin

Comment

I'd rather see invis and infra combined in the same potion, but does something different for each team.

I'd also not like it to be available in the store for guards.

BTW, speed is orange for me as well.
            Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Originally posted by Salvage
              I'd rather see invis and infra combined in the same potion, but does something different for each team.

Now that's an idea !

Guards shouldn't feel that "guilty" when killing thieves before they have a chance of gulping their potion. That's one of the things making DMing effective... revert effect for guards would promote true ghosting (completely silent thieves) and wouldn't be that unbalanced. Perhaps add a reddening screen effect so that frozen thieves are less likely to be detected.

Comment

Originally posted by Stakhanov

Now that's an idea !

Guards shouldn't feel that "guilty" when killing thieves before they have a chance of gulping their potion. That's one of the things making DMing effective... revert effect for guards would promote true ghosting (completely silent thieves) and wouldn't be that unbalanced. Perhaps add a reddening screen effect so that frozen thieves are less likely to be detected.
                A good idea indeed, the guards wouldn't have to go hide those potions anymore.

I like it.

Comment

so, guards can drink invis potions, for some kind of "anti-invis"...

leaves no choice but for the poor thieves to DM? I dont think it'd work...

Comment

Originally posted by Yenzarill

Hence the "Not available in stores" clause in my idea. They would only get the potions from some thief they killed. 10 seconds may be too much time though.

Comment

Originally posted by Yenzarill

Hence the "Not available in stores" clause in my idea. They would only get the potions from some thief they killed. 10 seconds may be too much time though.
                      Hmm, not sure... it could be to much, if that was the case maybe it should be shortened to 5 seconds... most shadows are quite small afterall.
                      But then you'd have to lose the flashbomb sensitivity or it will become a risk instead of a tool.

Also as a side effect the screen could be brightened (as if there were a big red light shining everywhere).

So, in conclusion:

Final version, Infra Potion:

Invisibility potions that are dropped by thieves and picked up by guards turn into infra potions (once a thief retrieves them, they turn into invis. potions again).

Infra Potions cannot be bought in a store.

Infra potions grant a guard the ability to see in the dark and to see invisible objects, such as corpses/moss/thieves. But instead of just seeing them, they will be replaced by red outlines (like the way thieves see eachother).

When a guard swallows an infra potion, his whole screen gets a red hue over it, as if he's suddenly seeing through a red filter. Also, his gamma could temporarily be maxed out, so there are allmost no dark places anywhere.

Footsteps by thieves would be seen as bright white footprints, (as bloody footprints, except these are only visible when you got infra vision (TM)), there would only be a short trail of prints behind every thief, to conserve CPU power (old prints will dissapear rather fast).

The infra effect only lasts for 5 seconds and will destroy the invisibilit/infra potions.

Basically, the infra potion is what an invis potion looks like to a guard.

Comment

I don't really know about the red hue to the screen, it would make it just as hard to see the thieves as when you didn't use the potion.

I was thinking between 3 and 5 seconds, not really enough time for guards to chase a thief down, but enough to identify the location of where a thief is or where one went/is going.

Comment

I don't really know about the red hue to the screen, it would make it just as hard to see the thieves as when you didn't use the potion.

I was thinking between 3 and 5 seconds, not really enough time for guards to chase a thief down, but enough to identify the location of where a thief is or where one went/is going.
                          The reason behind the hue is so that thieves at least have a chance of not being detected.

Remember, the guards get the potions for free (the only thing they have to do is kill a thief that's carrying one).

Comment

*nods head in agreement*
                            ~TuF~

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
                              The reason behind the hue is so that thieves at least have a chance of not being detected.

Remember, the guards get the potions for free (the only thing they have to do is kill a thief that's carrying one).
                              I'm looking at the red hue you used in the image above, and that looks like it's far too close to what the outline red is of thieves, I would agree to the hue if it wasn't so close to what the transparency color is. Guards need a chance to detect the thieves as well you know, otherwise this potion is useless.

Comment

Working...
                              X