Suggestion: KO'd Guard recover over time or Friendly Awake..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KewlAzMe
    Banned
    • Jan 2003

Suggestion: KO'd Guard recover over time or Friendly Awake..

an Idea that I had and copied from General Disc.

I know that there was some topics before about this.. but i just thought of a good solution. I think that maybe a good idea to bring Guard lives back about 15 min after being KO'd. Make it like Metal Gear Solid 2, where after knocking them out you have only a little time to do what you need to do and move on before they wake up and become available to spawn into. This would prevent Thieves from taking all day and waiting for the Humans guards to get bored and leaving the game, as well as taking their sweet time to DM the level. and it would be a little more realistic too since KO'd people will eventually wake up... AND/OR And Also like Metal Gear Solid 2, implement where if another Guard finds the body, he shakes him and wakes him up instantly. Thus making it crucial for the Thieves to not just Knock everyone out and leave bodies all over and laugh, but knock them out and properly dispose of or hide the body somewhere where no other guards will find them. They can still wake up somewhere about 15 min later and walk themselves to their normal post and then keep saying something like "Oh my aching head, Wait till I find that skifferd!". This would obviously only work on Guards that were KO'd and not killed, but it would definitely keep the game moving. Maybe even on thieves that were Mario'd by guards. GOOD IDEA KEWL!
  • Stakhanov
    • Jan 2003

This idea wouldn't work with thievery as is. What we need are separated body classes : unconscious and dead. Unconscious ones wouldn't be THcarcasses but rather "sleeping" AI (forced state upon player KO , wake up after a certain time) silent at first , then would start snoring after a while. Only damage events (including crater) would wake them up directly (human guards may act brutally towards such sleepy guys :wink: )

BJwhoring would be history then.

Comment

• Kiech Bepho
      • Jan 2003

I got some questions. It sounds like you want the KO'ed human to reinhabit a new body. That means a new loadout with the possibility of re-using a spawn. A little over-balancing. On a standard map of 30 min - with a 10 guard compliment, guards could respawn 20 times. For those of you who like to figure this stuff out, that makes for the possibility of 120 firebolts if each guards only other purchace is a sword. Not to mention a full rejuvination of life. It will exponentailly make things harder for thieves...think of the Spiders map. Killing guards only gets you killed. With extended time on that (40 min at some places) you will have to face 54 guards instead of 18. Get my point? And if throwing them into the drink is the same as you killing their body (as it is in Theif) taffers will have a difficult time keeping up. And further to the point, will spiders/other hostile AI try to attack these KOed individuals? Then they will need a priority as to whom to attack first.

Not a BAD idea, just a lot to think about.

Kiech
      Kiech

Comment

• KewlAzMe
        Banned
        • Jan 2003

Good point Kiech... Although on spider if you kill them ..then they are dead along with you so it evens out initially... However.. perhaps respawning into a knocked out guard gives them only basic stuff, no loadout, just sword, 10 crossbolts, and 3 flares. This would make things a little easier to follow along with... also, if thieves manage to KO all the guards before any of them wake up.. well then that will be an automatic DM victory for the thieves.

We would also want the human guards to spawn into UnKO'd guards first before using the KO'd guard bodies. So once all the untouched guards are used up.. then the remaining human guards will spawn into recovering KO'd guard and are forced to rely on Sword and standard crossbolts and flares to finish catching the thieves.

Comment

• Aggamemnon
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by KewlAzMe

We would also want the human guards to spawn into UnKO'd guards first before using the KO'd guard bodies. So once all the untouched guards are used up.. then the remaining human guards will spawn into recovering KO'd guard and are forced to rely on Sword and standard crossbolts and flares to finish catching the thieves.
          I like this idea because it still gives the guard something to lose when he gets Koed, Giving them everything back might cause a lot of trouble and unbalance in the game.....

How TuF are you?
          League of Legends
          Bloodbowl by Extensions

Comment

• Machine
            • Jan 2003

Actually this could work, can you imagine the pressure!

C'mon WAKE UP! HURRY!..... they're winning!!!!

Plus it would stop the guard who you just KO'd coming back with avengence and carpit bombing the whole room you were in with fire arrows!

Nice points, keep refining the idea.
            ~TuF~

Comment

• Anonymous
              • May 2002

I thought everyone knew this was going to be in 1.3????

Comment

• Bloody-Reaper
                • Jan 2003

/me plans to ko all guards but one, and throw them over the wall to oblivion in Theather.
                Or maybe just into the big fire downstairs... or maybe ill just drown them...

Hmm... Best one would be to get them up in the church tower of skelstonshead... And take the rope arrow with again. :twisted:
                "There's no problem that can't be solved with a big crate!"

Comment

• Kiech Bepho
                  • Jan 2003

/me Suprised that no one has brought up the fact that taking time to dispose of the bodies will take time and make the maps even harder for thieves...
                  Kiech

Comment

• LaughingRat
                    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Kiech Bepho
                    /me Suprised that no one has brought up the fact that taking time to dispose of the bodies will take time and make the maps even harder for thieves...
                    As will having guards who've been removed come back.

Comment

• Kiech Bepho
                      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                      As will having guards who've been removed come back.
                      I brought that point up. But everyone seems to think its OK as long as the guard doesn't get a full loadout, apparently.
                      Kiech

Comment

• KewlAzMe
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2003

I'm surprised you didn't gather that from my post! That line about:
                        ..... quote="kewlazme"
                        Thus making it crucial for the Thieves to not just Knock everyone out and leave bodies all over and laugh, but knock them out and properly dispose of or hide the body somewhere

its a given that it will therefore take more time and more finess on the thieves part

Comment

• Kiech Bepho
                          • Jan 2003

But overbalancing hard? Hmm, guess we will find out.
                          Kiech

Comment

• Anonymous
                            • May 2002

It might change the general playstyle of people. If you see a guard with this implemented your thoughts might be on what youre gonna do with his body. I think a lot of situations may force a thief to not bother KOing. So more ghosting then.

Comment

• KewlAzMe
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2003

exactly!

Comment

Working...
                              X