Flash Arrows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flash Arrows

Me thinks thieves should be able to buy flash arrows for about 150 loot. How they would work is that the thief would pull back and the longer he holds it the brighter it becomes, also causing him to become more visible. The brightness should effect how long the guard stays blind, but if he holds back too long it should blow up and cause the thief to become blind instead and maybe push him back or make it like a tag on him.

Meheheh... :lol:

Comment

Hmm, nice idea. I'll look into that one

(I haven't coded anything for ages, but this sounds like it could be easy to do)

Comment

Suh a simple idea, but so good! I like the slowly turning visible, maybe there should be a corona at the arrows tip, that would look so cool!
        ~TuF~

Comment

150 loot is way to much though, and the whole premise for a flash bomb is to use it at close range, since you need it for escaping.

At long range, the only thing I could really see it fit for is to blind guards on top of high places, but we allready got the crack arrow for that (plus you don't turn visible, can hold it as long as you want and it allways affects the guard... plus it's only 50 loot).

It's a nice idea, but it's incredible faulty. I wouldn't buy it, because for the reasons I would need it, I could buy three crack arrows which are also much safer to use.

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
            150 loot is way to much though, and the whole premise for a flash bomb is to use it at close range, since you need it for escaping.

At long range, the only thing I could really see it fit for is to blind guards on top of high places, but we allready got the crack arrow for that (plus you don't turn visible, can hold it as long as you want and it allways affects the guard... plus it's only 50 loot).

It's a nice idea, but it's incredible faulty. I wouldn't buy it, because for the reasons I would need it, I could buy three crack arrows which are also much safer to use.
            But if the crack arrow was more expensive and the Flash arrow was cheeper to balance things.....

Virus is right, if this is going to be an item people are going to buy it's gotta be correctly priced.
            ~TuF~

Comment

No.

Comment

Oh well, guys. Legal said no. We can all go home now.

Comment

Originally posted by LegalAssassin
                  No.
                  Nice argument Assassin. :roll:
                  ~TuF~

Comment

Sorry.

This is a very bad idea. Apart from pointless, even a bit dumb.

There, happy?

(Me be cranky, me no comp morrow...)

Comment

Adds a "NO"
                      How TuF are you?
                      League of Legends
                      Bloodbowl by Extensions

Comment

Interesting... I think it shouldn't blind guards for too long (3/4 the FB duration if fully charged and shot at guard) , just cost 75-100 lewt
                        (a bit more than crack , still) and fly as fast as a broadhead (usefull for surprise attacks)
                        Would likely solve camping issues.
                        Perhaps make the FB cost 125 lewt and make a loud bang to deafen guards for a while too

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
                          ...the whole premise for a flash bomb is to use it at close range...
                          Things change I guess. One of my favorite non-Thievery UT-related mods/mutators (whatever) is RocketsUT, although I haven't tried the new version (it's been a while...). I used to play a lot with my friend over the modem, we really liked it. Anyway, there a flash missile. Unfortunately, AI is not aware of it. However it does add a different dimension to the game.

It's true however that crack arrows cause a similar effect however. Hmmm...

Comment

It's a nice idea (like all ideas, it needs refining), but one that I think is ultimatly unnecessary. Cracks really fill the gap that this is aimed at, I reckon.

Besides, what use is a blind guard unless you can reach him with your blackjack?

Comment

Originally posted by Yenzarill
                              It's a nice idea (like all ideas, it needs refining), but one that I think is ultimatly unnecessary. Cracks really fill the gap that this is aimed at, I reckon.

Besides, what use is a blind guard unless you can reach him with your blackjack?
                              shuddup BJ whore !

Comment

Working...
                              X