Arrow Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrow Ideas

I know this is a knockoff of the Thief series, but I'm going to suggest something like it anyway.

The Thief series has one really terrific arrow for those of us who can't stand the idea of killing.

The gas arrow. Knocks people out like lights from a distance.

We should call ours something different, naturally. And unlike the gas arrow ours would be affected by gravity and ark like normal arrows do. And they would be incredibly expensive.

I was thinking the Knockout arrow, but that might not be creative enough.

Two more suggestions would be The Sleeper or Slumber Arrow.
    "I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory,
    even stopper death - if you aren't as big a bunch
    of dunderheads as I usually have to teach." -- Professor Severus Snape.

I think the Dev's replaced the gas arrow with the crack arrow for balance purposes. But myself, I wouldn't mind bringing it back.

Kiech
    Kiech

Comment

Yeah, downgraded to crack arrows for balance. Even with high cost, consider being on the receiving end of this thing. All of a sudden, you're out. No defense, really. At least with the blackjack, you can defend by being careful going through dark areas, and learning how to handle a circle-strafing thief.

Comment

I for one, believe it would be too easy for thieves... they just load up on them and take out any guards they see...
        <makes love to TuT again and again...and again>

Comment

And sometimes its too hard for them to use anything but. Which is where the gas arrows are needed.
          Kiech

Comment

Well, shoot. The broadhead is 1/3 gas arrow, and really cheap. It just takes 3 hits to knockout a guard with a broadhead instead of one. Like LR said, ballance. With a broadhead, you have two warnings to get the heck outta there from a sniper before you're dead.

(Or is it 4 hits to kill a guard? If it is, you know what I mean.)
            "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Originally posted by Buho
              Well, shoot. The broadhead is 1/3 gas arrow, and really cheap. It just takes 3 hits to knockout a guard with a broadhead instead of one. Like LR said, ballance. With a broadhead, you have two warnings to get the heck outta there from a sniper before you're dead.
              It varies from 3-5, depending on how many are rear shots.

Comment

The point is that the knockout arrows, gas arrows, etc would be VERY, VERY expensive. Not worth it for most thieves to even bother with unless they start out with a lot of gold and would like one of them at least.

In addition, and I don't know why I didn't add this, guards could buy a gas mask to protect themselves.

Kind of like getting the helmet to protect yourself from the blackjack.

Just an idea. I don't even really care if the gas mask thing goes through, but I really do like the arrow.

Comment

A cracked guard is extremely easy to KO, therefore:
                  Crack + BlackJack = Gas Arrow.

Crack also has lingering effect, and humour value when used in high places.

Other than that, Broadheads do a marvelous job.

Comment

Only problem with crack arrow, although I suppose this feature would make the game a bit more challenging thus more fun for some, is that the crack arrow can effect the thief. Heh.

It would be nice to have other options though.

Comment

This is a bad idea for thievery. Imagine having a thief trapped and all of a sudden KOed from across the room, no matter how expensive it is its a bit harsh on the poor sap guard. The ko is a fine way to "Not kill" someone you want removed.
                      Crack is already a potent weapon for getting guards out of your way/off your case for long enough to do what you need.
                      How TuF are you?
                      League of Legends
                      Bloodbowl by Extensions

Comment

Crack arrows aren't really bad the way they are now. But MAYBE as a proposal if a guards TRAPS didn't disappear when KO'ed/killed, then MAYBE true gas arrows would be balanced in the game.

Kiech
                        Kiech

Comment

Working...
                        X