Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AI Improvement #3: Be pushable by guards at all times.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI Improvement #3: Be pushable by guards at all times.

Currently, AI are only pushable in certain "modes" - that is, depending on the last command given to them, they may or may not be pushable. In "Guard Here" mode, AI are pushable. I've noticed that an AI in "Follow Me" mode is NOT pushable. This results in the AI getting in a human's way (in doorways or narrow hallways) when a thief is spotted. I'd like to be able to push AI no matter which mode they are in.

Hmm? I have pushed guards when they are in follow mode. I think they were all standing still at the time though. I think it has more to do with the AI moving. But that mode is rather annoying sometimes when trying to get an AI through a door.

Kiech
    Kiech

Comment

When the AI get in your way it is extremely annoying, but it doesn't happen to me that often. I've never experimented with pushing AI in different modes... I never have much trouble pushing them around.

Comment

Here's an alternate idea, in case making AI always pushable is for some reason difficult to code.

Create a new key in the commands menu that yells "duck!" to the AI. When a guard presses it, all the nearby AI crouch/crawl for 1-2 seconds.

That would be enough time to climb over them, and would also help guards climb on each other on the Lyre map to get to the scaffold and safe-top.

Comment

Working...
        X