New idea: Dynamite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New idea: Dynamite

Quite often I see guards stockpiling flares by getting them from the chest, dumping them by the chest and repeating ad infinitum. While I have no problem with this tactic I quite like the roadrunner-esque idea of being able (as a thief) to put a stick of TNT among the piled up flares, so when the guard lit it- BOOM! :twisted:
    Or is that just a bit rubbish?

No...
    If you want fun... steal their flares and throw them away.
    "There's no problem that can't be solved with a big crate!"

Comment

But that doesn't make them die.....

Comment

Originally posted by MegaDude
        But that doesn't make them die.....
        If you throw it off a cliff or over the stair rail in Breakout it might...

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody-Reaper
          Or down the elevator shaft in Aquatone if LaughingRat is one of the guards.

Comment

Originally posted by mOdEtWo

I dont think you have to do it with LR... He'll jump anyway. :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by mOdEtWo

*ahem*

And what happened the LAST time you and I met in the elevator on Aquatone?

Comment

Hmm... You shot a firearrow of and tried to hit it midair while falling from the elevator?

You did it twice?

You did a lot of cool stunts while falling?

Well... Tell me already!

Comment

Hmm... You shot a firearrow of and tried to hit it midair while falling from the elevator?

You did it twice?

You did a lot of cool stunts while falling?

Well... Tell me already!
                  mOdEtWo and I got a replay of that Aquatone elevator scene. Different results this time....

Comment

Two words: Sunburst Device!
                    Kiech

Comment

Oh man, my ideas been hijacked. I know it was rubbish but I was hoping for at least one serious comment.....

Comment

Interesting idea... but probably not right for this game. What if they lit a flare next to the objective which happens to be paper? It would blow it away.
                        The idea about poison potions goes along with this one, but instead of potions its flares.. same effect though, guards try to use and get hurt in one way or another. What about the guards tricking the theives?

Overall, i don't see it as something all that practical just for a quick laugh that you might not even see. Plus most flare piles are usually in the Objective area and you need to work on gettin the objective rather than wasting time slipping fake flares into the pile. And a lot of the time, flare piles don't even get used. Thanks for the idea though. Keep them coming.

Comment

I think the devs are planning to implement this idea when they do the Wile E. Coyote player model.

Comment

Ok- how about one you can place into a put out torch, making guards think twice about reliting it? A safety concious guard could test it safely by firing a fire arrow at it, which would also serve to cut down on fire spamming (which I've heard people complaining about a fair bit....).

Comment

I think thieves should get a better chance of grabbing mines, mappers place explosive barrels around the map, and give thieves an actual firearrow. Of course a Sunburst device could fit in somewhere.

Kiech
                              Kiech

Comment

Working...
                              X