The rat potion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The rat potion

Ok, so the thieves can buy potions (or eat 5 pieces of cheese) to turn themselves into rats for about a minute.
    They still die very easily (rat bite or bootstep), of course. But in a game with a lot of spectators, you could infiltrate the most guarded positions. Getting out w/ the objective would be another matter entirely.
    Oh, and if a thief-rat is killed, it makes the "Blaargh!" sound and the thief corpse appears out of the rat.

This isn't really a serious idea, but I think it would be interesting.
    M-M-M-M-MONSTER BLACKJACK... jack... jack... jack...

Originally posted by Tieom
    Ok, so the thieves can buy potions (or eat 5 pieces of cheese) to turn themselves into rats for about a minute.
    They still die very easily (rat bite or bootstep), of course. But in a game with a lot of spectators, you could infiltrate the most guarded positions. Getting out w/ the objective would be another matter entirely.
    Oh, and if a thief-rat is killed, it makes the "Blaargh!" sound and the thief corpse appears out of the rat.

This isn't really a serious idea, but I think it would be interesting.
    Hehe, I don't no why but I like it.

*official V12US seal of approval*

Comment

CLUB IT!!

Don't look at me like that, I meant the rat!

Comment

This idea has been suggested before... and it proved to be quite hard to code (either change the collision radius , or make the player switch pawns 2 times...) and would be open to many abuses and bugs. But if coders are skilled enough to realize this one , it would be an invaluable addition to the game

5 cheese would be too cheap btw. Instead of a specialized potion , why not make it trigger when drinking health , breath potions and eating cheese ? 105-125 loot sounds acceptable if it lasts 10-20 seconds. Oh , and make it wear off automagically when attempting to use catfall
        (inventory would be selectable but frob would be disabled btw)

Comment

This is a cool idea! I think there should be a specialized potion though. It is clearer than the alternative (in various aspects), and the availability can be controlled by the mapper.

Comment

If you turned into a rat, what would happen if a spectator rat ate you??? Would you lose the life? I thought the purpose of spectating was to watch, not influence, the going game.
            <makes love to TuT again and again...and again>

Comment

Interesting point...
              It wouldn't be that terrible. If there are no rats in the game , guards will likely step on the suspicious creature. If there are many , the morphing thief has a chance of not being noticed but can be eaten too. Doesn't sound unbalanced.

Comment

ToTT -
                If it makes it any easier, think of rats like ghosts. If a thief takes a ratpot, he temporarily steps into the realm of the ghosts, where he can be harmed by them.

Yeah, it's an interesting tradeoff between vunerability and hiding-in-plain-sight invisibilty.
                M-M-M-M-MONSTER BLACKJACK... jack... jack... jack...

Comment

Originally posted by Tieom
                  ToTT -
                  If it makes it any easier, think of rats like ghosts. If a thief takes a ratpot, he temporarily steps into the realm of the ghosts, where he can be harmed by them.

Yeah, it's an interesting tradeoff between vunerability and hiding-in-plain-sight invisibilty.
                  Lol, imagine a squashed/eaten rat suddenly turning into a corpse, spewing potions and loot all over the place... that oughta be fun.

Comment

Interesting.
                    "I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory,
                    even stopper death - if you aren't as big a bunch
                    of dunderheads as I usually have to teach." -- Professor Severus Snape.

Comment

Working...
                    X