X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Split from "Unfair Ban..."

KYO:

You may need to bear in mind that RLF matches are typically hosted on Crackaz Servers. (thank you LR and Grank) What that means is if you have members banned on Crackaz they will be unable to play in matches against the RLF or Wraiths.

Just an FYI
    "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Well, I sure hope DhaThief isn't lying to you all. He's already in KYO. If you're going to say that he isn't in yet...then you're going to have to retract your win in the Turf Wars match, because its against the rules to field players that aren't in your guild. I believe Lightning played in that match?

TuF isn't stupid. We knew who "Lightning" was. But to be sporting, we let him play. You've tried to change the date so many times that we just wanted to get it over with.

I simply bring this up because you said he's currently trying out. Wouldn't that mean he was not in KYO on Friday night?

Comment

DhaThief:

First the "official stuff": Please clear up the matter of whether Lightning/Unstoppable is in KYO or not. He did play in your TurfWars match against TuF (with their permission, which was granted with full knowledge of who he was, I'll add - an example of excellent sportsmanship on their part). The TurfWars rules explicitly state that all participants in matches must be members in good standing with their guild. If he isn't in KYO, then you forfeit the entire match, and TuF gets to keep Nostalgia.

Originally posted by TurfWars Rules
      Each guild must provide the other with a list of members who will be playing in the match at least 3 days prior to the match. Players must be members in good standing of their respective guilds, and not outsiders, or “hired” members.

Violation of any non-negotiable rule, or agreed upon rule forfeits the entire match.
      Now the "unofficial stuff": Taking on a risky player like Unstop is a BAD move, IMHO. Not only do you gain a player of questionable reputation, which will affect the rep of the entire guild, but you're losing a skilled and respectful player over it. It's generally good practice to consult your existing membership and allow them to voice their concerns over the members that are going to be their teammates. A team leader's first responsibility should be to his EXISTING members first.

The "server/banning stuff": Unstoppable has been banned from the Crackaz server a NUMBER of times. At least three, if memory serves, and maybe more. Each time, when given another chance, he's thrown it away. The barrage of abusive and profane email, IM's and PM's I've received as a result of this is probably sufficient to get his account pulled, should they be reported to his ISP. It's not merely his public behavior that's been deplorable, but his private behavior as well. Through all of it, he's staunchly refused to take any responsibility for his own behavior, always placing the blame on someone else for his own outbursts. All this, compounded with his repeated attempts to enter a server he KNOWS he's banned from mean that he's NOT going to be unbanned from my server any time soon.

The "guild stuff": CTG will not accept a match roster from you that includes Lightning/Unstoppable/(any other name he's using). That does not mean that we will not match you, simply that we will not play a match with him in it. Any attempt to sneak him into a match under another name will have to be viewed as a violation of the agreed upon rules for a match, and will constitute a forfeiture of that match.

Comment

SO, whats the situation with TuF and Nostalgia?

We're quite happy to have a re-match with you over the map, perhaps make a special circumstance for the event where we have a best of 3 match?

We'd just like to know whats going on?!

And we don't really want to 'take' the map from you this way, it's kinda cheap, a re-match seems to be the most sporting way of doing things, what do you think?
        ~TuF~

Comment

Originally posted by TheMachine
          And we don't really want to 'take' the map from you this way, it's kinda cheap, a re-match seems to be the most sporting way of doing things, what do you think?
          The members of TuF who played in that match agreed to play against Unstoppable (playing as Lightning) with full knowledge of who he was. As they agreed beforehand, it's not really reasonable to go back and claim a rematch. However, if Unstop was not actually a full member of KYO at the time of the match, that's another matter, and is dealt with fully in the TurfWars rules.

Shug: Yes, playing with KYO gives Unstop a chance to demonstrate he's changed. However, I've heard so many times already that he's changed that I'm not going to give this time any credence. I'll believe it once I've seen it.

Comment

DhaThief, I think you understand what we mean. We gave you every chance to have a fair match. First, we waited for you, although I believe the rules stated we could have collected Nostalgia simply because you weren't there. Secondly, we allowed Unstoppable to play in the match, a banned player who a lot of people really despise. LaughingRat even agreed to let him play. Yet if he wasn't even in your guild, we do feel burned.

This is like if TuF said, "Hey KYO, we're down one member, so we're going to have this 'new recruit' called WINAR play on our team." You would agree, and he would own. Why? Because it was FRANTIC.

The same exact thing. Yet we still let Unstoppable play. But if he wasn't even in your guild, then you did break the rules. The rules state that we could take Nostalgia right now because of that. But we're a sporting guild, and we will accept a rematch, this time with members only in your guild.

Comment

Ditto to what Dragon said.

You can't blame us for our lack of satisfaction on the situation as it stands, your answers are sketchy and vague, and your having to lie to your own guild members (Lurox) about who's in your team???

Can we just know whats happening? are you discussing it in private with LaughingRat? are you just ignoring us so we'll go away? what??
              There are those to whom knowledge is a shield,and those to whom it is a weapon.
              Neither view is balanced, but one is less unwise.
              -
              Keeper Annals

Comment

I'm entirely with TuF on this one. My dislike for Unstoppable aside, what KYO pulled was fairly shady. If TuF would prefer a rematch instead of simply taking Nostalgia, I think that's quite decent of them. But that's the least that should happen.

I'd also suggest that any discussion between KYO and TuF be done in public, probably on the guilds forum so Thwark doesn't get mad.
                Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

When I got home this evening, I had an email from Unstoppable regarding this. He said that he'd been with KYO for a week or so at the time of the match. For all his other faults, I've never known him to outright lie. Exaggerate, yes, but not lie, as far as I've been able to determine.

You can make of that information whatever you will.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                    When I got home this evening, I had an email from Unstoppable regarding this. He said that he'd been with KYO for a week or so at the time of the match. For all his other faults, I've never known him to outright lie. Exaggerate, yes, but not lie, as far as I've been able to determine.

So...... whats happening then? (i'm sure i'll get an answer eventually)
                    ~TuF~

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                      I'd like a response from DhaThief.
                      Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMachine
                        So...... whats happening then? (i'm sure i'll get an answer eventually)
                        If he's a member in good standing of KYO, there's been no violation of the TurfWars rules. The confusion arose when DhaThief posted saying that he was trying out for KYO, AFTER he'd already played in the match.

Comment

Let's just let DhaThief shed some light on this....

Comment

Our web site said that Lightning "is" a member so does the forum.
                            I'm french so i'm sry for not using the right word...)
                            That's all for now, more is to come... I need more time to figure something out.
                            [KYO] - Knock You Out

Comment

Okay...but you said he was trying out. So there's a contradiction. :?

Comment

Working...
                              X