Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~ The Shadow Guild arises ~

The 16.th of September, year 2002;

A new guild was founded, given the name The Shadow Guild. Founded by those who had sworn to the skills of a real master thief. A thief that cannot be seen, cannot be heard. A thief that does not get in conflicts with others to achieve the goals. A thief 'who was never there'. Working with the dark, not against it. Letting the silence be silence, and not disturbing it. Avoiding the light at all costs, and cultivating stealth as the greatest skill of them all. Planning every step down to the last detail, and making the moves with precise cunning...

~ Book of Shadows, Chapter 1 ~

<center></center>

** Introduction **

I bet this comes as a big surprise for most of you taffers. But it's true, we have our own guild now. Kind of strange that you didn't understand what was going on, but that only means we succeeded to keep it a secret. Just what we wanted. 'Why didn't you publish earlier?' some of you might think. Well, we wanted to accomplish the concept, the site and the forums before we told you about it, simple reason.

** Who we are **

The guild was founded mid-September 2002 by طmega and mOdEtWo, and we are the guild leaders. We had played together for a while, using the ghosting style. We loved the concept of a clean ghosting-guild, that's why we founded it. A lot of other guilds were popping up at that time, so we thought we could wait a little with publishing so we had something to show off.

The weeks past by, and we got to know PhaeThorn as a great ghoster. Needless to say, he joined us the day we told him about the guild. And after some months, Nachimir and Mog where invited as well. We now had 5 members, and that without publishing.

** Where we are **

The Shadow Guild has it's own domain, webserver, Thievery server, forums and site. The site is located at http://www.shadowguild.net. Go take a look! We have all the links to the current Thievery guilds - completed with descriptions and tags, official sites, design and Thief sites. We have all of the custom maps, and some Thievery/UT server utilities. We also have a library section where we will put in guides, walkthroughs, map reviews and more.

We have a custom phpBB board (yes Thwark, we know you love guild forums) at http://www.shadowguild.net/forums - complete with Community Chat, Thievery Gen Discussion and About TSG. We have also set up a Thievery Server forum, so please keep server-related questions/request/appeals AWAY from the official forums!

You can come to our IRC-channel, #ShadowGuild at the StarChat network. You must either have an IRC-client like mIRC, StarChat'sJava Chat, or you can simply use Thievery's own IRC-client. Be sure to drop by the official channel, #Thievery, as well.

Mog's Thievery Server has changed name to Mog's - Home of The Shadow Guild. It will stay as a public server as long as we don't need it for practice or matches. All guild members have admin rights. Remember to read the Server Rules, <strong>and</strong> follow these!

** Guild Tag **

All guild members will wear the tag [-TSG-].

** Recruitment **

We are currently not recruiting new members.

** Disclaimer **

Since it's been much fuss around ~TuF~ lately, we want to explain that we are not a guild using aliases or having secret members, although the name on the guild may sound like it. No more surprises from us, guess we've already given you a big enough shock.

** Thanks, shouts and an apology **

We want to thank the few of you who have known about this guild all the time, and still kept it a secret. We are giving a shout to Daxim (and not a 'thanks', cause he does not want to be thanked) for his help with the forums, site and the webserver. We also want to apologize to the guilds who wanted some of our members to join. Hope we didn't disappoint you too much, but please understand that our guild-membership had to be kept a secret. We wish you all good luck in the future.

Special thanks to Dalai and the Thievery developers team for providing us with this great game.

طmega & mOdEtWo,
    Guild Leaders of the Shadow Guild.

Comment

yes ... YES ... YES !

Here we are

Wish us goodluck people
      On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Aight, Aight.

I hate you guys already.
        JM

Comment

Can't say I'm terribly surprised. Best of luck to you all.
          Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but "ghosting" is when you play drunk, right?

Comment

Nice job, you bunch of Taffers!
              Can I join? Please, please

Oh! I have already!

* goes off to resume intensive training *

Comment

Nachimir joining a guild ?!

I can't believe it !

So... the whole community is going to be consumed by thoses guilds ? Seems like freedom , independence and self respect will never be achieved in Thievery...

Comment

Originally posted by Stakhanov
                  So... the whole community is going to be consumed by thoses guilds ? Seems like freedom , independence and self respect will never be achieved in Thievery...
                  I like good friends and teamplay more.

Comment

A bit obvious in retrospect(but isn't it always) having seen all of you on Mog's server while it was passworded.
                    Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Originally posted by Stakhanov
                      The two groups of concepts are not mutually exclusive.

Comment

Nice, clean setup. I knew Dax's handiwork when I saw it
                        Nightmaster,
                        .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
                        - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

Originally posted by Shug
                          Nice, clean setup. I knew Dax's handiwork when I saw it
                          Actually, we are still working on the other version along with Daxim, the one you are looking at is made in DreamWeaver. Guess you don't know Daxim's handywork afterall.

Comment

Will you be entering the TurfWars?

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard
                              Will you be entering the TurfWars?
                              That might not be a prudent choice if this guild will be totally and completely ghosting, 100% of the time. That's kind of like saying we will only defend in a war, never attack; it works until you realize it doesn't...
                              TCO – Retired
                              Former TCO Head of Intelligence – Retired

Comment

Working...
                              X