Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mockers Leadership

It's come sooner than I thought, but...

It's time for me to step down as leader of the Mockers.

Unfortunately, over the last number of months I've had to share a 1 gig line between 3 people. With 300megs of data usage / month, I'm basically unable to play Thievery for any reasonable period of time.

This represents quite a problem for any guild leader.

Thus, I'm stepping down now. I'll stay on as Fence for Mockers Thievery Guild, and maintain the website, but the Sagacious Man is no more, and I no longer lead the Mockers.

We are still in the process of appointing a new Leader, so for now the Nightmaster (Rodent) is in control, aided by the Nightwarden, Yenzarill.

The Mockers Website (http://www.mockers.tk) has been updated with these ranks as well as member profiles and plenty more information. Take a look.
    Nightmaster,
    .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
    - "until the cat is skinned"

We'll miss you, pumpkin

Comment

Sorry to hear thah Shug.

:|

Comment

Just curious, but does bandwidth make a leader of a guild in TUT? Sure, makes sense for a leader to administer the guild server, but I wouldn't think it would be a requisite. As long as somebody in the guild has the bandwidth to host a server, the leader can carry the guild vision et-cetera.

Or is bandwidth some kind of status thing?

Just rambling :roll:
        "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Originally posted by Buho
          Just curious, but does bandwidth make a leader of a guild in TUT? Sure, makes sense for a leader to administer the guild server, but I wouldn't think it would be a requisite. As long as somebody in the guild has the bandwidth to host a server, the leader can carry the guild vision et-cetera.

I think he means he won't be leader because he won't be able to play much anymore...

Comment

We (CTG) have two main guild-leaders, one is far more active than the other and even though the second man (or should that be 1st) is not as active he is our admin and guide, I don't think your game time should lead you to "Step-down" and think you should reconsider. You made a good leader and kept the clan tight and all round improved what was once the ATG-Guild.

Hell, even skill ingame shouldn't effect this, and as for not being in guild matches, our clan is big enough to not allow us all in every match and the leaders are usually first to put forward other members in their stead for a match. As do the rest of us, we never make a decision to step down because we can not be ingame as often as we like, its not good for the guild imo.

Shug for Leader of the Mockers

Good admin is not always the best player :wink:
            Without good leadership CTG wouldn't be the same. But I'm damned if they have to be mroe active than me to be in that position, just isn't good business.
            How TuF are you?
            League of Legends
            Bloodbowl by Extensions

Comment

Shug,
              Sorry to hear of your situation. I was wondering why I had never seen you online. As for stepping down from your position as mocker's leader that's your own decision, but you seemed to make a good leader and the website you created was really good

Well I'll guess i'll see you around Shug, (sometime... hopefully)
              until then.
              .: Daymaster - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

Comment

Originally posted by Shug
                ...//...With 300megs of data usage / month, I'm basically unable to play Thievery for any reasonable period of time.
                ...//...
                LOL i dl more than that in a month with my 56k....
                [KYO] - Knock You Out

Comment

I always thought ShadowRodent was the leader. hmmm. You learn something new everyday...
                  Black Cat Games
                  ThieveryUT
                  Alien Swarm

Comment

Originally posted by Buho

Shut up and bow before me you lowly 56k'er! :twisted:
                    TCO – Retired
                    Former TCO Head of Intelligence – Retired

Comment

Things have come a long way since the beginning...

...the issue is, the leader of the guild can't actually play the game. Shug can still do a bit here and there, with the website and being the fence, playing occasionally.

We won't be leaderless for long, though, so we'll have some news soon. Things are happening within the guild.

Comment

Originally posted by Cythe
                        I always thought ShadowRodent was the leader. hmmm. You learn something new everyday...
                        I almost said the same thing...lol
                        But he is a good recruitment officer... :wink:
                        (or is he... :roll: ...lol)
                        [KYO] - Knock You Out

Comment

So long Shug.

is he gone yet?

LET'S PARTY
                          AI Programmer,
                          Thievery UT

Comment

Working...