The long silence.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The long silence.

What's going on with the Guilds Forum nowadays? It was never a hive of activity but these days it'll sit for days on end without a single new post.

It seems also TurfWars has ground to a halt. A clan has collapsed; matches aren't being played and it seems even match organization isn't happening.

Let's have a bit more action, even if it's trash-talking about up-coming matches . Hell, set up a wagering thread where people can bet about results in the next round of games, or eventual TurfWars winners, etc. We could even have a bookkeeper set odds .

Let's liven the joint up a little.
    Nightmaster,
    .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
    - "until the cat is skinned"

*rolls in the keg*

Good point though.

Comment

It's quite hard organising a match when you don't have many clanmembers. The CTG - RLF//Wraiths match has been postponed for the third time until we can agree on a date where everyone is able to play.

Comment

pfft
        All americans suck donkey balls except for you!

Comment

I think the problem right now is that many college (and younger) students are entering the testing periods and final exams. It's been crazy trying to get everybody together for something right now.

Also, I think the guilds are trying to get used to the 1.4 patch before actually competing in a match.

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard
            Also, I think the guilds are trying to get used to the 1.4 patch before actually competing in a match.
            Actually, it's more like evaluating it. 1.3 made the game HORRIBLY unbalanced, between totally BS AI, the ability to revive them, and the occasional hot flashes... erm... I mean, the very common thieves "flash" to full visibility bug. All this, and the visibility gem AND the visibility percentage LIE, and 1.3 would have been a goddamn mess to play. Imagine all the complaints of foul play...

[EDIT:] Also, now you mention it, I think I scared everyone away when I started demanding the "where, when, why, who, how" of the matches for my TurfWars History Thread, which, BTW, I haven't got a response from most of you, and those that have responded have only been to tell me how they can't figure it out.

I'm NOT reposting the history until I get responses from everyone. So send me a PM either telling me the information, or how dumb you are... I mean, that you can't figure it out for the life of you...
            TCO – Retired
            Former TCO Head of Intelligence – Retired

Comment

I'm guessing you didn't win to much in 1.3, did you, SNAFU?

Comment

Oh well. The most important thing is that this thread just saw more action than the entire Guilds forum did in the last month
                Nightmaster,
                .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
                - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

Ya lets get this started again
                  deserve victory

Comment

I think the problem right now is that many college (and younger) students are entering the testing periods and final exams.
                    BING!

Thats why i'm not on so much for now.
                    ~TuF~

Comment

Originally posted by The Dragon
                      What do you mean by that remark?
                      TCO – Retired

Comment

You think its dead HERE? My <a href=http://actsmiley.vectorstar.net/stl>Thiefmatch league</A> forums haven't had a post at all in nearly two weeks :| (Probably because everyone is waiting for everyone else to do something with it, but thats a different matter)
                        Yeah, its quiet. Probably because there aren't that many thievery players out there and those that are, are fairly spread out so games are harder to arrange.

Comment

Originally posted by SNAFU
                          Nuffin.

Comment

as I remember it, noone won very much in 1.3 except the Guards at least
                            when it first came out(1st 2 weeks) with the uber genius AI and no miss
                            shots the AI were getting.
                            The online games were running 90% in favor of the Guards.

Comment

Originally posted by SNAFU
                              Nuffin.
                              If you mean TCO didn't win anything, you're wrong. We got Korman when FAG dissolved. Other than that, there were no matches or any other maps changing hands in 1.3.

Of course, nobody read my history before... :|
                              TCO – Retired

Comment

Working...
                              X