Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LaughingRat
    replied
    I still haven't received votes on the TurfWars rules update and map additions I sent to guild leaders late last week. Time is running out. As of yet, I don't have votes from the following guilds:

EDG
    .:M
    TCO

If you're a guild leader of one of these guilds and haven't received that email, contact me immediately with a valid email address that you check regularly so that I can resend that information to you. Guild members of these guilds, please bring this post to the attention of your guild leader.

Leave a comment:

• LaughingRat
    replied
    It's exactly that kind of rigid tournament format I was trying to get away from when I came up with TurfWars. The way it's set up, a guild has more potential reward for taking initiative, and it's actually impossible to win (if a decent strategy is followed by the other guilds) if you just play reactively. Who's going to challenge the guild in the lead if they know that guild will win the whole tournament by winning that match? No, the lead guild HAS to be active (make a challenge) to get that last win in.

The way it runs, there's also a higher level strategy involved, above the strategy of individual matches on individual maps. You have to try and figure out not just which maps you can take, but which you can HOLD as well, how not to make your guild too much of a target while reaching the loot total required to win.

Leave a comment:

• Shug
    replied
    I think the fact that not many wars are being played is more to do with the disorganisation of guilds and their players than TurfWars itself.

However, I like the idea of a league with finals, Dha. Perhaps it could be done as a separate competition, say as part of STL - the intensity and pressure of the "final series" would be great. Look at it this way; TurfWars could be the World Cup and STL the Champion's League.

Leave a comment:

• DhaThief
    replied
    Originally posted by DarkProject
    why do u want turf wars to ever end anyway? ...//...
    hummm maybe i was unclear... i dont what it to end for ever, i just want to get that fist season over with. Then they could be a second season...

[my 2cents]
    I just think that if turfwar was design so there would be more guild vs guild match... its failling "parts" of that objective. They have not been alot of them, its a shame cause they are fun!

im just saying that after this turfwar, it would be more fun if the next one was done with a fix number of match to play each month. Each team would play equal number of match vs each other guild and a standing would be made from those results. After that, an elimination round would be done until one guild is left standing [/my 2cents]

To come back to the subject im fine with adding any other map to turfwar (why not King of the desert), as long as the total loot to win dont goes up each time we do so. Because, it would become way too frustrating for the leading guild that have only a few loot to get to win, each time a new map is added. No one is complaining now, but one day (i hope) a guild will be at 25 / 50 loot from winning and if a new map is added that could cause them to lose turfwar. (lol, that was more of my 2 cents)

Leave a comment:

• LaughingRat
    replied
    Originally posted by DarkProject
    why do u want turf wars to ever end anyway? .....not like turf wars is going anywhere now sinse there hasn't beena match for a year already -_-
    It's only been a couple months, goof.

On that note, an email was sent regarding some rules changes to all guild leaders this morning (U.S. time). Any guild leaders not having received it, please contact me immediately with a valid email address to re-send the rules changes to be voted on.

Leave a comment:

• DarkProject
    replied
    why do u want turf wars to ever end anyway? .....not like turf wars is going anywhere now sinse there hasn't beena match for a year already -_-

Leave a comment:

• LaughingRat
    replied
    Originally posted by Shug
    Anyway, TurfWars will succeed in what I think one of its more important functions is: the continuation of well-structured and fair guild wars. LR can correct me if necessary, as it's his brainchild...
    No, it was specially constructed with some as yet unnoticed technicalities to allow CTG to pwn all other guilds....

Seriously, Shug's got the idea. That, and I wanted to do something different than the standard tournament ladder format for competition in a not-so-standard first person game.

Leave a comment:

• Shug
    replied
    Unless one or more guilds go through a period of complete dominance in wars, it's unlikely that anyone will win in the near future even with the amount of maps we have right now.
    That doesn't really matter, though... you don't necessarily have to win TurfWars to show you're one of the best guilds - it'll come down to who holds the most turf at the time.

Anyway, TurfWars will succeed in what I think one of its more important functions is: the continuation of well-structured and fair guild wars. LR can correct me if necessary, as it's his brainchild...

Leave a comment:

• DhaThief
    replied
    Gee soon the total loot to get is gona be 999999999999999 to win if we add every fan made map to turfwar.

At least, stop increasing the total loot to get to win. :| or this thing is never gona end

PS no offence Neo the map is great... its not the point im trying to making here.

Leave a comment:

• LaughingRat
    replied
    Originally posted by Shug
    M would like to officially call a guildmaster vote on the inclusion of Neo's map, Souls Harbour, in TurfWars. We have voted in favour as a guild.

~By order of the Upright Man.
    I have a number of things I'm going to be emailing to the various guild leaders to vote on regarding TurfWars. I'll include an official vote on TH-Soulsharbor when I send it, which should be by the end of the week.

Leave a comment:

• Shug
    started a topic TH-SoulsHabo(u)r addition to TurfWars

TH-SoulsHabo(u)r addition to TurfWars

M would like to officially call a guildmaster vote on the inclusion of Neo's map, Souls Harbour, in TurfWars. We have voted in favour as a guild.

~By order of the Upright Man.
Working...
X