Someone else take over...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone else take over...

Due to the circumstances as of late, I am afraid that I am gonna have to give up recording TurfWars History. Nobody reads this crap anyway, but since I've laid the groundwork, perhaps one of you would like to continue the history? I still have (mostly) up to date events, and will gladly e-mail it to anyone who wants to take over this position. I would like to be able to continue the history, but nobody reads it, nobody cares about it, nobody can remember details worth a bloody damn, and now I am the head of a clan, I do not believe that I can provide totally arbitrary coverage of TurfWars.

Any takers for this job?
    TCO – Retired
    Former TCO Head of Intelligence – Retired

You have been doing an excellent job, Snaf! I mean, for the past three months you have been keeping up-to-the-second information!!

Seriously, tho. So the history has a few holes in it. It's nearly complete tho. You don't give yourself enough credit. You've done a phenominal job, and whether you have a change of heart or the next person who takes responsibility, I don't think it'll be too hard to keep it up to date if it's updated on a weekly basis.

Thanks again for all your help, Snaf!
    "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Snaf, you've gotten it as up to date as the information you've had provided to you has allowed. Like Buho said, don't be so hard on yourself, and don't be so hard on the people who couldn't remember every detail about the matches that have taken place so far. It's often hard to remember those details weeks or months down the line. REAL history has some gaping holes in it as well, after all.

And why worry so much if people read it or not? It's intended to be a reference, so people can go back and see what happened. It's not a newspaper, to be read every day. It's an archive.

If your responsibilities as a guild leader take too much time for you to keep it up to date, then step down. But if it's just because you think no one cares about it, don't. That's simply not true.

Comment

Originally posted by SNAFU
        Nobody reads this crap anyway...
        I would like to be able to continue the history, but nobody reads it, nobody cares about it, nobody can remember details worth a bloody damn, and now I am the head of a clan, I do not believe that I can provide totally arbitrary coverage of TurfWars.
        Sounds like an opportunity not to be missed!
        Nightmaster,
        .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
        - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

Originally posted by Shug
          I would like to be able to continue the history, but nobody reads it, nobody cares about it, nobody can remember details worth a bloody damn, and now I am the head of a clan, I do not believe that I can provide totally arbitrary coverage of TurfWars.
          sounds like an opportunity to twist history and make your own guild seem superior to the other weakling guilds
          This is my cool sig.

Comment

Originally posted by daniel
            sounds like an opportunity to twist history and make your own guild seem superior to the other weakling guilds
            Oh what a bloody brillant idea... :roll:

Unlike most other things, I take this TurfWars History seriously. I don't take kindly to the implication I would and/or should write a blantantly biased history. I'm not going to settle for mediocre.
            TCO – Retired

Comment

With that attitude, I think you're the perfect guy for the job.

That, and I don't have time to take over.

:wink:
              The only constant is change.
              (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Don't have the time? I'll bet you write more raw text on the boards than a small TurfWars update every day.

The reason it was considered a tough job was that a few wars had already been played and the details weren't public.
                Nightmaster,

Comment

Don't have the time? I'll bet you write more raw text on the boards than a small TurfWars update every day.

The reason it was considered a tough job was that a few wars had already been played and the details weren't public.
                  Shug, it's not the work he's dodging, it's the responsibility....

Comment

Couldn't have said it better myself LR...
                    TCO – Retired

Comment

Yeah, but I was talking about you....

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                        Yeah, but I was talking about you....

That's my point!
                        TCO – Retired

Comment

In all seriousness, it's not that big a task. Anyone that's interested in the guild scene, but isn't actually in a guild, could take it up; the details of the next set of wars will be much more open, and there is now a habit of writing up match summaries as agreed upon by both guilds.
                          Nightmaster,

Comment

If SNAFU really wnats to back off I voluntier myself to take his place, I just need some clarification on how exactly I get the information and how the guilds would like it to be. Hey, im talking serious here if you need someone count me in, either way it is very unlikely that I will ever get part on turf wars.
                            Feel the power of the

Comment

Information reposted. REMEMBER to REMEMBER the details of a match AND your declaration of it. Keep your logs for ICQ or whatever you use, or make notes. I like to know details. Plus, if I GET details, and one of you wants to call foul over something (like whom owns what) then you could look in the history to find out.
                              TCO – Retired

Comment

Working...
                              X